Files appearing on my phone!

Reaction score
I'm a newcomer to DJI Phantom. I got a Phantom 3 Standard. I'm using it with my Android phone - a Samsung Galaxy 3. I noticed files appearing in the "gallery" on my phone. Two folders - "DJI_RECORD" and "CACHE_IMAGE". The first seems to contain video images but my phone doesn't have the codec to play them. The second folder contains still images. I'm guessing thumbnails and full sized.

As I transfer my video and still images from the card to my PC, these files did not concern me until I borrowed a Galaxy 4 phone from a friend of mine to use with the Phantom 3 and we couldn't get the phone to charge properly afterwards using either a power pack or the charging unit from the cigar lighter in the car.

This morning she contacted me to tell me that her phone's battery was dead and that after charging it while it was turned off she found new files on it and is sure that they were downloaded when she connected to WIFi. I can't verify that claim but ......

I have two basic questions:
1. Are files downloaded to our phones only from the Phantom 3 during a flight or is there any other place (cloud?)?
2. Is there a way to completely turn off this file transfer to our phones?

ADVthanksANCE
paul Timon.

I'm a newcomer to DJI Phantom. I got a Phantom 3 Standard. I'm using it with my Android phone - a Samsung Galaxy 3. I noticed files appearing in the "gallery" on my phone. Two folders - "DJI_RECORD" and "CACHE_IMAGE". The first seems to contain video images but my phone doesn't have the codec to play them. The second folder contains still images. I'm guessing thumbnails and full sized.

As I transfer my video and still images from the card to my PC, these files did not concern me until I borrowed a Galaxy 4 phone from a friend of mine to use with the Phantom 3 and we couldn't get the phone to charge properly afterwards using either a power pack or the charging unit from the cigar lighter in the car.

This morning she contacted me to tell me that her phone's battery was dead and that after charging it while it was turned off she found new files on it and is sure that they were downloaded when she connected to WIFi. I can't verify that claim but ......

I have two basic questions:
1. Are files downloaded to our phones only from the Phantom 3 during a flight or is there any other place (cloud?)?
2. Is there a way to completely turn off this file transfer to our phones?

ADVthanksANCE
paul Timon.
Wrong Forum go to the P3 Standard Forum Section

Wrong Forum go to the P3 Standard Forum Section
Nope he's in the right place, all P3 help is here.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum @Paul Timon . I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Reactions: Paul Timon
Nope he's in the right place, all P3 help is here.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum @Paul Timon . I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.
Apologize for the error-- Welcome:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I looked at #7. I deduce from that section that the files are written during the flight and nothing else happens afterwards AND that all I need to do is turn off caching.
Cool.
Thanks,
Paul T.

Paul Timon, right -- I think that should do what you want. You can use the option to clear the video cache if you want to get rid of what's on your device right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31