Feedback on suggestion

Many people are saying that the BP with the IRC 600 mw is working and some not. Just saying

Eltrochaphantom said:
Many people are saying that the BP with the IRC 600 mw is working and some not. Just saying

I've been using the BP with the IRC 600 mw with the Fatshark mushroom antennas for a few weeks now and it works.

It's just that the signal breaks up after about 400m. I'm in a suburban environment and looking to boost the range.

there are 2 kinds of BP monitors, one that works with Immersionrc frequencies, the other that does not

Roseto75 said:
there are 2 kinds of BP monitors, one that works with Immersionrc frequencies, the other that does not

They both work. One of them is specifically designed for the IRC or the fatshark.

No one answered the OP's question. I'd also like to know if those antennas are a good option for the same setup.

dptcalvin said:
No one answered the OP's question. I'd also like to know if those antennas are a good option for the same setup.

antennas are just antennas. I mean, their quality is a major factor in performance, but antennas aren't brand or device specific. The reason I always recommend FPVLR isn't because of compatibility, it's quality of the product which is excellent and they have great customer service. There IS some sort of weird compatibility problem between some BP receivers and the IRC600 transmitter, but that issue has nothing to do with antennas and it's been covered here in this thread already so I won't rehash it. I will say that unless you intend to utilize the HDMI feature on the BP receiver, consider just getting a RX-LCD5802 which is a bit cheaper and works just fine.

back to antennas:
As long as you get the right type (SMA vs RP-SMA) and gender (male/female) to match your equipment you should be fine. We know from the "antenna connectors" stickythread that the IRC600 transmitter has a SMA-Female connector and therefore needs an antenna with a SMA-Male connector, so the link you posted is indeed the right part number and you pick SMA-Male.
Where it gets fuzzy is the receiver antennas. I don't have a BP 7ch... in the same stickythread there is a note "Black Pearl RC801 5.8GHz LCD Monitor w/Diversity Receiver: *There are 3 versions of the Black Pearl, two of them have SMA Female and one of them has RP-SMA Female"

so far nobody has definitively posted the part numbers of the BP receivers and their matching antenna connectors so we can update the stickythread. You'll need to do your own investigation on the specific part number that you have and figure out which type and gender it has, then order the same type and obviously the opposite gender. as I mentioned before FPVLR has excellent customer service so I'd recommend emailing the sales email address prior to your purchase to get on his radar so they can watch for your order and assist you in getting the right receiver antenna connectors. I know they'd rather help you research and ship you the right part the first time than send you the wrong one and have you be unhappy and have to ship back / exchange etc.

While we're on the topic, here's some more food for thought:
FPVLR makes a better transmit antenna than the pinwheel: their pentalobe (5 pins instead of 4). I'm now running one of these and indeed getting even better performance than the pinwheel... I've been out over a mile on my 400mW transmitter using the pentalobe + helix.
I initially purchased the same kit you're asking about but I've discovered that about 98% of the time I only carry with me and run the helix receiver antenna. Of course it needs to remain pointed at the Phantom, but it has vastly better range than a pinwheel receiver antenna AND it's a lot less delicate in that it doesn't have any exposed pins you can bend easily during transport so most of the time I leave my pinwheel at home now.
If you're going to drop around $100 on antennas, rather than the kit consider just getting the pentalobe transmit antenna linked above (again, you'd want SMA-Male connector for IRC600) and then just get the helix receiver antenna that comes with the kit which is currently onsale but again be careful to research your receiver and order the right connector.

Now that was a great and informative post. Thanks! My BP 7ch is on back order so I may cancel it and go with the RX-LCD5802. Which charger did you buy? I read it doesn't come with one.

dptcalvin said:
Now that was a great and informative post. Thanks! My BP 7ch is on back order so I may cancel it and go with the RX-LCD5802. Which charger did you buy? I read it doesn't come with one.

last time I checked NONE of the displays including the BP's come with a wall charger by default. I just bought whatever the website recommended to me.

I actually have a spare, brand new (still has the tape on the screen) white model RX-LCD5802 (and a wall charger) that I bought when I thought my original (black) one might be bad but it turned out to be my transmitter.

I've been pondering selling it, if you're interested PM me

mendezl said:
They sell a RX-LCD5802 in white that looks great with the white controller

yea it does. I was originally going to sell my black and keep the white, but I wound up with a tiny scratch on the screen of my black so I just stashed the white in case I never need or want to sell it.

anyway the setup looks wicked with the white RC, white display and if you get that RaveAerialVideo 3d printed display mount in white it's pretty sweet looking.

I tried to keep everything as white as possible. I love how it looks

Attachments

• 20150107_182810_1.jpg
    20150107_182810_1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 334
  • 20150107_182827_1.jpg
    20150107_182827_1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 291
Great info my blackpearl 7 channel came with charger and battery and all accessory cables 229 shipped amazon prime with sunshade. Very happy with product so far.

Just purchased some ibcrazy antennas and look forward to testing and reporting.

mendezl said:
I tried to keep everything as white as possible. I love how it looks

Super clean setup.. love the white imo.

Great fpv mount I have the same one amazing what a 3d printer can do ... :shock:

sweet looking setup mendezl!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20