Feedback needed for video

Reaction score
I have put together this trailer for my YouTube channel.. It's been cut to be short with a mix of different shots and high pace to keep the viewers attention. The sole purpose of the video is to get people to subscribe.

What do you guys think?

Any suggestions to improve would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Also, I may be the only one... But I like to know the details of what you were using, did you use a filter, if so what. What was your camera settings as to shutter and f stop. These details help those of us that are still in the learning stages to get a grasp on what works.
On the shots going up and down the steps, was this hand held or air? Inquiring minds want to know...[emoji16]

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Lucone
If you're putting together a kind of sizzle reel, you're going to want to grab people right away. You need to got with your three or four best shots of all time right away.

Im not trying to belittle the shot you used for the open or how tricky that move must have been on that unicycle thing, but my first instinct was not one of being interested.

The big areal shot of the beach, and the kids is a good place to start. Give people that different perspective - something impressive first and that will draw them into your channel.

Also some shots of the drone working would be cool - maybe a shot of it following one of the unicycle riders and perhaps a split screen of the drone at work and it mid-air.

lastly, putting some motion of the text would be good. It doesn't need to be a lot of movement but dynamic is good.

The duration is about right - less than a minute for sure. You have to think, people are going to be seeing this maybe while waiting for a video to start, or on FB etc so it's gotta work it's magic quickly.

I hope some of this helps....?

:D

If you're putting together a kind of sizzle reel, you're going to want to grab people right away. You need to got with your three or four best shots of all time right away.

Im not trying to belittle the shot you used for the open or how tricky that move must have been on that unicycle thing, but my first instinct was not one of being interested.

The big areal shot of the beach, and the kids is a good place to start. Give people that different perspective - something impressive first and that will draw them into your channel.

Also some shots of the drone working would be cool - maybe a shot of it following one of the unicycle riders and perhaps a split screen of the drone at work and it mid-air.

lastly, putting some motion of the text would be good. It doesn't need to be a lot of movement but dynamic is good.

The duration is about right - less than a minute for sure. You have to think, people are going to be seeing this maybe while waiting for a video to start, or on FB etc so it's gotta work it's magic quickly.

I hope some of this helps....?

Thank you, this is the kind of feedback and inspiration I was looking for.

Thank you, this is the kind of feedback and inspiration I was looking for.

You got it.

I've got lots of opinions...

some of them actually come from a fair amount of experience with this kind of thing

Reactions: Henrik Olsen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20