Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Fear of flying FPV on a nighthawk pro, help

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by terrygar, Mar 6, 2016.

1. terrygar

Hello I have a nighthawk pro 280 and fatshark vr1100 goggles, a friend built it for me who is a professional RC guy. I can fly it although it is so responsive its hard to handle. I learned on a hubsan x4 and can fly that pretty well without crash and burn fears, I have rebuilt it down to soldering many times and take fairly good video, although bumpy.
    2 part question
    1. I cannot find any other racer pilots here in Ft Myers florida who will even talk to me about it, too stuck up I guess, so it seems really hard to fly with goggles on, when I cannot see what is going on beside the flying drone and could I fly it well enough with goggles??? Don't know. My professional friend is too busy flying real airplanes to help me.
    2.I fly a phantom 3 advanced and take pro level video with it and have no fears flying it because of the software, although I only fly manual mode and never have the auto return feature going. Maybe I need another gps enabled drone to learn on before I try the goggles on the nighthawk any suggestions? Thanks