FCC/CE operating range?

Reaction score
P3S manual :
Wi-Fi Video Link
Max Transmission Distance
FCC: 1000 m; CE: 500 m (outdoors and unobstructed, aircraft's altitude at 400 feet (120 m))
Transmitter Power (EIRP)
FCC: 27 dBm; CE: 20 dBm

Remote Controller
Max Transmission Distance
FCC: 1000 m; CE: 500 m (outdoors and unobstructed, aircraft's altitude at 400 feet (120 m))
Transmitter Power (EIRP)
•FCC: 19 dBm
•CE: 14 dBm

so if I'm from Europe I will have 2x less range than in USA? It sets transmission power depending on location?

Reactions: PapaTita
Correct! - :( - The GPS location of the "drone/app" when running sets the power of the TX wirelessly.

I think its too weak for use in Europe.. I'm loosing RC signal first (video is +- ok) it is getting "weak" just after 200 meters! It would be perfect if you could choose where you're at - USA or EU ;)

We have "2" P3S here in UK 1 flies to 500m no problems on RC or Video hits the "Max Distance Limit" on App screen, BUT the other has been returned to suppliers as it only managed 40 metres before it lost RC and auto RTH - this one has now been replaced.... we will try its replacement out tonight!!

We have "2" P3S here in UK 1 flies to 500m no problems on RC or Video hits the "Max Distance Limit" on App screen, BUT the other has been returned to suppliers as it only managed 40 metres before it lost RC and auto RTH - this one has now been replaced.... we will try its replacement out tonight!!

I just wonder what happens to the one you returned, do you recon they will send it out to the next buyer??? makes me unsure about getting my P3

I just wonder what happens to the one you returned, do you recon they will send it out to the next buyer??? makes me unsure about getting my P3
Don't think so as all the packets were opened, even though it worked perfectly apart from the range, they will send it back to DJI themselves

Don't think so as all the packets were opened, even though it worked perfectly apart from the range, they will send it back to DJI themselves

I hope your correct, so I've no need to worry about getting somebody's send back, good to know

I'm new the the drone world. What is FCC: when it comes to transition range?

FCC is the [United States] Federal Communication Commission.
They regulate radio communications,

In the context of this thread FCC is referring to the amount of transmit power allowed versus CE which is more-or-less a European equivalent.

The US allows more power for r/c use so one should see an improvement in range before the radio signal is lost.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj