Fc40

Reaction score
Hi there I need some help here

I have an fc40 and I love it and I use it with my iPad air

I have ordered an Chinese gimball and soon it will be here
My plan until Christmas is to buy a gopro also...
My questions are..
1) with gopro and transmitter receiver is there a possibility with any way to watch live feed on iPad air??i fly never more than 200 meters away from me
2)I bought an aftermarket battery 2800 now I think I have around 15 minutes...after gimbal-gopro-receiver what will be the flight time??
3)if I put gopro will I have buttons than when my fc40 is in the air I can choose video or photos??

Pls suggest me a mod of your choice with gopro and live but not very high budget!!

Thank you for your time

1) i would not recommend using the gopro`s wifi to view the live video over to your ipad, better you get some cheap 2.4ghZ fpv system and hook them up to your phantom.
2) with gimbal and gopro(which is a bit heavier than the FC40 camera) your 15 minutes flight time will be reduce to roughly around 8 minutes, but it depends on how hard you take the sticks.
3)when using the gopro`s wifi (which i dont recommend) yes it is possible to change video to photo modes via the application, but with FPV system the answer is "no"

I am using a Walkera gimbal (works great) and a GoPro. I get around 200 feet solid connection with my Nexus 5. Works for me to set up most of my videos and pics.

But, I have not yet been able to set up my Amped SR10000 wifi repeater with the GoPro.

Anyone successful in repeating the GoPro?

This is not for FPV, but fits my needs of controlling the GoPro.

A Boscam 2.4 Ghz ideo transmitter and receiver, along with a cheap backup monitor (used with backup cameras in cars) will give you a very long range for video, and you will be able to see exactly what the GoPro sees.

There is no way to switch between photos and videos while in flight. You need to either record video and pull frames out for stills or set it to take photos automatically. I think you can take photos every 1/2 second and up.

I have read that the new Hero 4 does not work with FPV. Stick with a Hero 3 or 3+. I have also read that the 3+ has it's focus set close - that they don't work so well at greater distances like we use.

darwin-t said:
A Boscam 2.4 Ghz ideo transmitter and receiver, along with a cheap backup monitor (used with backup cameras in cars) will give you a very long range for video, and you will be able to see exactly what the GoPro sees.

There is no way to switch between photos and videos while in flight. You need to either record video and pull frames out for stills or set it to take photos automatically. I think you can take photos every 1/2 second and up.

I have read that the new Hero 4 does not work with FPV. Stick with a Hero 3 or 3+. I have also read that the 3+ has it's focus set close - that they don't work so well at greater distances like we use.

True for the Boscam but with the gopro app on an android phone you can do everything remotely.

I've been thinking along the lines of a 1.2GHz transmitter for FPV, keeping 2.4GHz for camera control and 5.8 for aircraft control.
Feed the HDMi out of the go pro into the 1.2GHz FPV and get the best of everything. Not tried it et but its kicking around in my head....

Papadakispaul said:
Thanks for the reply
What's the range of the gopro wifi on preview
Το GoPro wifi, καλύτερα να το ξεχάσεις για πτήσεις FPV!Η εμβέλεια του είναι περίπου 10 μέτρα!Μόνο την κάμερα μπορείς να χειριστείς αν έχεις και το Smart Remote της GoPro μέχρι την απόσταση που λες.Αν θέλεις FPV μόνο με έξτρα πομπό στο drone και έξτρα μόνιτορ στη γη.Τώρα για να βάλεις όλα τα απαραίτητα στο FC40 με το βάρος και την επί πλέον κατανάλωση ρεύματος των εξαρτημάτων, χωρίς πολλούς χειρισμούς και χωρίς άνεμο, με την μπαταρία που λες να υπολογίζεις το πολύ γύρω στα 8 λεπτά!

Ευχαριστώ φίλε ..πρότεινε μου απο Ελλάδα ποιο να παραγγείλω...το gimball είδα track και σε τρεις μέρες ειναι εδώ...το gopro 4 αδερφή απο Αμερική ανέλαβε...στείλε κάτι να στέλνω και να λαμβάνω εικόνα ...και με το τηλεχειριστήριο του gopro θα κάνω την δουλειά μου!!

Papadakispaul said:
Ευχαριστώ φίλε ..πρότεινε μου απο Ελλάδα ποιο να παραγγείλω...το gimball είδα track και σε τρεις μέρες ειναι εδώ...το gopro 4 αδερφή απο Αμερική ανέλαβε...στείλε κάτι να στέλνω και να λαμβάνω εικόνα ...και με το τηλεχειριστήριο του gopro θα κάνω την δουλειά μου!!
Δυστυχώς με το FC40 δεν υπάρχουν πολλές επιλογές για ένα σετ FPV επειδή η επικοινωνία με το σκάφος είναι στα 5.8Ghz πηγαίνουμε αναγκαστικά στα 2.4Ghz για το FPV.Ένα σετ πομποδέκτη στα 2.4Ghz που μπορώ να προτείνω είναι το Boscam 2.4G 8CH 500mW Wireless AV FPV Transmitter Receiver TS321+RC302 και υπάρχει στην Banggood.Τώρα για μόνιτορ υπάρχουν πάρα πολλές επιλογές, διαλέγεις και παίρνεις.Εσύ από gimbal ποιο Κινέζικο έχεις παραγγείλει?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj