FC40 without transmitter, batteries, etc

Reaction score
I see online that I can buy a regular 2.4 phantom without any of the accessories. I'm curious if anyone knows if you can buy a 5.8 phantom (essentially the fc40 quad) without accessories. I have a 5.8 transmitter, batteries, camera, charger and extra props. I'd like to find a 5.8 phantom by itself since I already have a transmitter, and they can be found cheaper without the extra stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermz said:
I see online that I can buy a regular 2.4 phantom without any of the accessories. I'm curious if anyone knows if you can buy a 5.8 phantom (essentially the fc40 quad) without accessories. I have a 5.8 transmitter, batteries, camera, charger and extra props. I'd like to find a 5.8 phantom by itself since I already have a transmitter, and they can be found cheaper without the extra stuff.

You can order the 5.8 GHz DJI receiver board and use it to replace the 2.4 one. I think they are under $30.00.

I have not personally done ths, but can't see any reason it would not work.

I was looking at that option. Doesn't seem to be too difficult. I have a gimbal to install, so I'll need to open up the phantom anyway to plug it into naza. The receiver I've seen is advertised for the p2v, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for both. It looks like it unscrews and has one plug to remove. I'll take a look on YouTube, should be a video out there showing the receiver board with all these peeps changing out to futabas.

Jermz said:
I was looking at that option. Doesn't seem to be too difficult. I have a gimbal to install, so I'll need to open up the phantom anyway to plug it into naza. The receiver I've seen is advertised for the p2v, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for both. It looks like it unscrews and has one plug to remove. I'll take a look on YouTube, should be a video out there showing the receiver board with all these peeps changing out to futabas.

The new receiver has 2 cable assemblies that go to the NAZA, and 2 antennas.

Wait until you have yours open, and get a good luck at the FC40 receiver. Then you can go to the web page of a DJI dealer that stocks parts and show the DJI part number and a pc. From there, you can call your preferred dealer and order.

Dalite said:
The new receiver has 2 cable assemblies that go to the NAZA, and 2 antennas.

Wait until you have yours open, and get a good luck at the FC40 receiver. Then you can go to the web page of a DJI dealer that stocks parts and show the DJI part number and a pc. From there, you can call your preferred dealer and order.

I don't have an fc40 to look at, and don't want to buy a reg phantom until I'm sure it works. I'm pretty sure the p2v rx unit will go in a regular phantom and work with the fc40 transmitter, just not 100% sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31