FC40 vs V1.1.1

Reaction score
I can't really choose which one could be the best quadcopter
I would like to use it for hobby but also like good quality camera and video

FC40 camera is not very good is ok but for a better result i would need to add a different small camera, don't have gopro
I'm new to this hobby and can't really understand if FC range limit could be soon too short

Note even sure if 5.8 could be better than 2.4, and really scare dog flyaway

is i would like to add a NON DJI gimbal is it possible on FC40? could it be easyer on V1.1.1?

hi al, im pretty happy with the fc40 camera, its only 720 x 30 but its very good, there is a camera by Mobius that's only about 60 dollars and is 1080, I plan to get one and add it to my fc40 phantom. I think the fc40 is a v1.1 with the camera.

The FC40 is a Phantom 1.1.1

Only difference is:
1) it comes with a 5.8GHZ transmitter/receiver
2) it comes with a 2.4GHZ camera

but i read that 5.8 has a shorter range if you have trees or other objects
for 3rd party gimbal doesn't make any difference? as far as i know v1.1.1 has a trigger on controller

actually i'm not gonna send phantom farther than i can see it, seems very very scary if you lose control or view FPV you are completely blind, more i read and more scare me how people are non conscious that quadcopter can fall from the sky on somebody or something

So, if the fc40 is 5.8, then using the wifi on the gopro shouldn't be an issue, am I correct? If so, can you find a gopro mount that fits the fc40? I see a lot of them for the other phantoms, do they fit without modification?

I'm looking to buy a phantom right now, and get a gopro later on, so the fc40 with its camera is a good starting point. That would also keep me from having to install a pov setup on it. I know the gopro has a pretty big delay in it, bug I only want to used it for setting up shots, just to let me know what I'm aiming at. I don't want to fly the thing by pov, or take it beyond Los.

I want to make sure that the gopro wifi won't cause issues with the control system on the phantom. If their 2.4 camera doesn't cause conflicts, I don't see why the gopro wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did not buy any yet, but i found a video where people keep fc40 camera for FPV + gopro

from what i found you can mount go pro as on on other phantom but holder is not in the box it cost about 10$

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj