Fc40 upgrade to Vision 2 plus v3 or not.

Reaction score
Hi all i have owned a fc40 now for a year and love it but the time has come for an upgrade. Loads of people keep telling me to go for a vision 2 and fit a gimbal and gopro myself and then fit all the fpv gear myself which is just loads of messing about which i don't fancy doing to be honest. So the idea of the vision 2 plus v3 really appeals to me as its all built in. The picture quality of the stock camera i have no problem with it looks great and the distance of the stock fpv around 1500ft sounds good, the stock way point system to set the phantom to fly to different points looks a fantastic feature along with the distant and height display on your phones display all looks like just want i want from my next phantom. The big problem i am having is all the horror story's i hear about the GPS all ways loosing signal, and seeing videos on youtube of people having to take them apart and line them with tinfoil which could be for other reasons maybe a added fpv system i dont know, then i have seen videos of people complaining that the camera is weak and breaks. All things that keep putting me of. So any thoughts from people who actually own them that would like to help me with the true bad points and maybe not just rummer's from people who cant afford them or gopro lovers would be really appreciated. Cheers guys i really hope i get some replys on this one as its they cost a lot of money. cheers again

The camera on the V2+V3 is weak, I have ruined two cameras with small crashes while the bird did very well. I have sence gotten crash protection for the camera and have not crashed again. As far as the upgrades to the v3 I love it.

A few thoughts from someone who spent ages deciding which to buy...

1. The vision plus is actually the cheapest option if you want fpv and a camera
2. If you don't want to mess about with it vision plus is all ready to fly
3. Existing owners of either option will be a bit biased
4. If you buy a new phantom the new type of compass is fitted so no messing
5. As an experienced pilot you won't have aproblem with the weaker camera because you have learned not to crash!
6. It sounds like the advantages of the non vision - better camera option, easy to mod for longer range, stronger gimbal - mean nothing to you so it is a fairly straightforward choice.

Yes it seems that way, i am taking it you went for the build it yourself option.

seems the camera is the biggest problem, still not sure why there are lots of videos with people lining the inside of there visions with tinfoil tho.

The camera is good enough for what it is but if you are really looking to take nice pictures and videos, this wont do

I have a v2 and v3 so my opinion would be unbiased I'd like to think.
V3 at height is more responsive, but when taking off V2 ascends quicker .
The cameras are Identical. The controller on the v3 has a tilt wheel to swivel the camera on the left underside, on the v3 controller the left stick also locks in place when fully pulled back to allow the drone to decend on it's own, this could catch you out so be careful. It is also annoying when shutting down the motors, because it temporarily sticks before you drag it to the middle. All in all the v3 minus the locking stick would be perfect for me .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj