fc40 telemetry

scole said:
what gizmo do I nead to get altitude and distance from thr fc40?

goodluck, from what I have seen at this time it is kind of expensive to get osd on the fc40, i asked in another thread and I was told about the Sarawuth mod. There is also a AR Drone mod you can check out that seems to be a cheaper way to go.

I agree that Altitude and Distance and important, but I can get all that after the fact with flytrex. What I really want to know and I think is very necessary info is how much charge is in my batteries. That is the first and most important data I could get from my flying machine. Yes, I do want to know that other information and it has a real value.

Flytrex records your flight and you get the info after you land. I have climbed 697' and I have flown at 7020' elevation in 2 different missions. I have come to learn that I cannot see the thing when it is 600' above me. period.

darwin-t said:
There is no way to do it on an FC40, at least in real time. Phantom 2s do this, don't they?

With a Flytrex, you can see all of this after the fact and can combine Dashware with it and add an alitimeter, speed guage and stuff like that to the screen.

Dashware is a program that lets you sync your video with the FLytrex info.

http://www.flytrex.com/

http://www.dashware.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U

Isn't this a way to get that info in real time? viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13890

yes. it's the ar drone mod.
problem imo is that it would be much better to get the info directly from the naza and the gps
so u will know how many sat u have and if something is wrong.
unfortunately it requirer to have another cam, vTx, mini iosd, a pmu (or to use a mod with much soldering)
and a screen with receiver so it cost a lot.

gabimaor said:
problem imo is that it would be much better to get the info directly from the naza and the gps
unfortunately it requirer to have another cam, vTx, mini iosd, a pmu (or to use a mod with much soldering)

So, bottom line I am hearing is that the FC40 is unable to give on screen display of battery, direction, altitude, distance, etc.

I understand the difficulty of tying anything into the FC40 camera since it is a stand alone device. But I would think there would be a second camera, using a different freq that the transmitter, that would give this info. And I guess there might be but not by tying into the existing equipment on the Phantom. The learning curve is a steep one, especially when electronics have always given me a headache. (wheatstone bridge anyone).

Gabimaor I see you were active on the AR drone Mod thread and I appreciate your advice.

Wedeliver said:
gabimaor said:

So, bottom line I am hearing is that the FC40 is unable to give on screen display of battery, direction, altitude, distance, etc.

I understand the difficulty of tying anything into the FC40 camera since it is a stand alone device. But I would think there would be a second camera, using a different freq that the transmitter, that would give this info. And I guess there might be but not by tying into the existing equipment on the Phantom. The learning curve is a steep one, especially when electronics have always given me a headache. (wheatstone bridge anyone).

Gabimaor I see you were active on the AR drone Mod thread and I appreciate your advice.

The AR Drone mod for the phantom i what you are looking for.
In fact, you would never connect to your FC40 camera anymore. You would download the AR DRone app and use its camera for FPV.

This is the only way you can get the info you want - even battery life!
All for approx $150

Wedeliver said:
gabimaor said:

there a way of doing all that but it will cost u a lot as i mentioned.
if u want the cheaper way than go with the AR Drone way.
I am still considering which way to go

so I buy an ar drone and take the camera out? or do I buy an ar drone component?

You need the main and GPS boards and the camera. Basically, get an ARDrone, throw away the Styrofoam body, the cross piece and motors.

Somebody who knows, don't the new Phantom do this?

Do what? Telemetry? The vision and vision plus does. The phantom needs the mini iosd and fpv system.
What's the gps boards? U mean the nav board and sensor? Does the AR have a gps built in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4