FC40 Sample Stills

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm interested in the FC40 as I do real estate photography for realtors, and sometimes properties are tall/high/large and one or two aerial shots would be beneficial. I've seen the videos that people have posted here, and those are interesting and all, but stills are what I'm interested in.

Searching online it's hard to separate what are some GoPro images from what the FC40 is taking. If someone's got a Flickr page or other online place that they're posting the full-sized images right out of the FC40, I'd appreciate knowing about it. Would like to play with them in Photoshop to remove distortion, etc. if needed.

Thanks.

- Dave

You will not mistake a GoPro still from an FC40 still. The GoPro stills are MUCH higher resolution, and when scaled down for use in print or on the web, you'll notice a drastic difference in detal.

This is an FC40 still:
a6424422-143-DJI00016.jpg

This is a GoPro still from a video, and not from the actual snapshot mode:
castelli_romani_area_gopro_hero3_ifly4s_pdc.jpg

I guess I'm more interested in something where the subject is fairly close up, such as a single house, which is what I'd be doing. Interested in clarity, distortion, etc.

Duplicate...sorry.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391564033.225465.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391564033.225465.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,228
I took the liberty of showing what a minute or so and a good photo app can do. Hope you don't mind...
u5yte9yp.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The FC40 takes real lousy stills. Tho some thing else that is not a gopro but takes very good pics is the phantom vision it also takes good video as well even if not has high res as a go pro can if set to higher resolutions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20