FC40 - reverse light indicators

Reaction score
Is there any way, besides resoldering wires, to change the DJI fuselage indicators so that red is in the back and green is in the front ? I painted my prop guards bright red and put them in the back because I associate the red with tail lights like a car. If not, I'll just use the prop guards as a reference for front/rear when it's up high.

If you change the settings for the right stick from Normal to Reverse (Ailerons and Elevator) then you can turn your Phantom around 180 degrees and fly it that way. The battery lid will be at the rear and the signal light at the front. You'll have to reverse the camera too and you will only be able to see the flashing lights when the Phantom is facing towards you. But then the red arms will be at the rear.

It sounds like it will be easier for me to just adjust than adjust the Phantom. I definitely don't want to go reversing the controls. The beeping sounds like a good idea as long as it keeps beeping if I crash it in the woods :lol:

I agree that the red=forward idea seems counter intuitive to me! but not so much I need to mode the phantom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermz said:
I agree that the red=forward idea seems counter intuitive to me!
Not really. When the green side is visible to you/facing you it means the right stick controls are equal to the movements of the Phantom. Forward, left, right, back movements of the stick make the Phantom move in the same directions relative to you. Completely intuitive.

SAFE! (Green)

When the red side is facing you you are alerted to the fact that now controls are inverted. Left stick makes the Phantom go to the right and forward stick makes the Phantom come towards you. Counterintuitive. Potential for control mistakes and crash as a result.

UNSAFE! (Red)

i also agree on the red lights being in the back as both of my smaller quads have the red less in the back(may mod one so its like my phantom as it has fpv)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl