FC40 Photos look like oilpaint filter

Reaction score
Is my FC40 camera bad or do all the still photos look like someone applied an oil paint filter in photoshop?
My photos all look like canvas oil paintings.
Videos look ok but that's probably because of the movement.

Attachments

• DJI00030_2.jpg
    DJI00030_2.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 659
No gimbal and the lens the size of the tip of a pencil.

To be honest I don't think that picture is that bad considering the camera for what it is.

is it silly to assume the still quality of a small camera primarily meant for video would be not so great?

Cause I think thats the issue right there

ok i wasnt expecting super high def was just wondering if yours looked the same. if you look at tree limbs for example it looks more like brush strokes than pixelated. maybe it has an algorithm to try to smooth out the image so it doesnt look pixelated and grainy like a normal 720p camera would, but instead comes out slightly oil painting looking.
i'm not disappointed with the video quality. for nearly the same price as a v1.1.1 i got the fc40 which is nice because I swapped in a gimbal and can use the gopro wifi app since the RC transmitter is on 5.8ghz

I have the FC40 and i get the same picture quality as you i did not expect too much out of the camera but like you stated the video is ok,
i don't see anywhere you can make adjustments.

to be honest, it doesnt look like a terribly bright day either.

The FC40 cam probably doesnt do well in low light. Take a still during a bright day and do the comparison. I wonder if its better

Have you tried comparing it to a video screenshot? It might look better than the photo. I have a FC40 but haven't even opened camera box yet, using a Hero 2 and the screenshots are great.

I haven't taken pics yet with mine but videos look pretty good

Next time I have her up I will try and get a few pics of some trees(got plenty)if I don't just take the camera outside by itself

It does suffer some in low night I know that for sure(even the fpv camera in my little hubsun fpv quadcopter sucks in low light)

I will let you guys know how it turns out

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl