FC40 no gps

Reaction score
Hello and great forum! I have been scanning through a lot of posts and googling the past couple days about the problem I am having with no luck. I am sorry if this has been posted but cannot find it. I received this on Monday the 7th. I got everything charged up and took it up to my property to try out. I could not get this to flash all green on gps mode. I tried a little later with the same results. The land is in the country with no obstructions at all. I even tried at my apartment and the same thing. All I get is the three red and one green flash. Is there something I have to do? I didn't take this apart or anything like that. I called dji support and they just said maybe it was doa and to return it. That may be the case but I was hoping for some troubleshooting first. Thanks for any help.

gts360f said:
Hello and great forum! I have been scanning through a lot of posts and googling the past couple days about the problem I am having with no luck. I am sorry if this has been posted but cannot find it. I received this on Monday the 7th. I got everything charged up and took it up to my property to try out. I could not get this to flash all green on gps mode. I tried a little later with the same results. The land is in the country with no obstructions at all. I even tried at my apartment and the same thing. All I get is the three red and one green flash. Is there something I have to do? I didn't take this apart or anything like that. I called dji support and they just said maybe it was doa and to return it. That may be the case but I was hoping for some troubleshooting first. Thanks for any help.
This is from a couple of threads further down, may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUsfMIjcY8

3 reds then a green means its seeing less then 5 GPS satellites.
if you get 2 reds then a green means its found 5
1 red and a green means its got 6
all steady green flash means 7 and all good to go.

So long were you waiting before giveing up each time? It could take as long as 5 minutes if you are in a bad gps reception area and also if the first time ever getting any gps locks. The gps module has an eprom chip and a tiny battery on it that records and stores some data on gps locations and some other stuff that the first time can take a while for it to get all the info it needs doing whats called a cold start. If its doing a cold start it should not take as long again next time if it does ever get the satellite fix after waiting a bit. Inless the tiny battery dies then it will have to do a cold start GPS lock every time. Weird thing to is dji is not even aware of the battery or how the gps module actually works. They just know it finds gps and sends the data to the naza controller. ad also know how to replace them or sell replacements. They dont even make them and have them made for them.

So before sending it in try to let it try outside for at least 5 minutes to see if it can get all green. or even if it can get 2 reds and a green let it go till it gets the 1 red and 1 green then all green. even if you have to give it more time see if it will do it eventually. Then un plug the flight battery and then replug it in and try it again and see if it then gets them with in a minute or 2

Thanks for the replies. I have watched so many youtube videos and read forums that I have the lights down pretty good. I have actually let it sit through two batteries without ever changing from the three red one green. I had it sit through a single battery with the same results at a different location also. Is there anyway I could of turned something off in the assistant software? Course lock does work which is weird but I think I remember seeing that works with the compass and not the gps. I guess I will send it back. I don't want to open it up to make sure everything is connected because Im sure that will be a excuse why they wont take it back. Funny thing is that I haven't seen one other thing with the problem Im having...that's my luck I guess!

Just wanted to give a update and warning on this! I ended up getting another fc40 from B&H photo. This unit was shipped out very fast and worked perfectly! Having a lot of fun with it and was very happy with the seller.
The original fc40 was purchased for me by my girlfriend. She just googled and ordered from a site. The site was Rakuten. The seller was Sunbelt products from Miami Fl.
I have never experienced worst customer service ever online. I don't even think that I have ever written a bad review before. It took 3 weeks to even get a response back from the seller. They said they would try to fix it. Now this was something that was brand new out of the box. They wouldn't leave any number or email to contact them directly. Today almost a month later they send a email through Rakuten saying that the will look it over. If nothing seems broke the will refund money minus a 15% restocking fee and shipping. I find this ridiculous and just wanted to warn everyone not to buy from this company. STAY CLEAR

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl