FC40 Newbie Questions

Reaction score
I recently bought a "new" FC40 on eBay from a private seller. This is my second Phantom - my first was a Version 1.1 purchased through UAV Direct At any rate, has anyone ever seen a FC40 that has a red/gray two-conductor wire sticking through the same slot on the bottom of the fuselage as the front antenna? Looking at the front of the quadcopter it exists on the left front side. There is no connector of any kind on it. Also, when I try to register the bird on the NAZAM Assistant is won't accept the S/N displayed on the fuselage - it says it must be a 32-digit number. Mine it about half that long. Any help with these two questions would be appreciated.

The gray/red cable is normal, and it comes with no connector on it. You can solder on a connector if you ever add anything that needs to be powered by the phantom battery (gimbals, fpv, and the like).

My serial is no where near 32 characters, and I registered it fine. Maybe the naza assistant you have is expecting a newer serial? Make sure you're using the naza assistant you downloaded from the fc40 page. I don't think there's a difference, but maybe there is.

Thanks, Jermz, on both accounts. Interesting that the manual makes no mention about the wire. Neat feature however. At some point it may come in handy. I don't know about the s/n deal. Guess I'll not worry about it. The Nazam Assistant works fine without it.

Hello Padre,

Welcome to the party.
You may want to put something, shrink tube or electrical tape over that hot lead sticking out of your bird.

Have fun & share some video when you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers