Fc40 landing

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to quadcopters and trying to learn as much as I can. So my question is this: After doing all the preflight requirements (warm up , satellite lock , compass calibrate ) and waiting for slow flashing green light , I will have a successful flight with no problems then while landing I will set the copter down very gently and when I chop the throtle the copter wants to skim across the ground at high throtle at about a 45 degree angle draging 2 of the prop gaurds on the ground before finally shutting down?? It doesn't do it ever flight but about 1/2 the time ? TIA John.

That is odd. Not sure what is wrong. And another welcome.

Are you pulling the left stick down and towards the center or straight down? Down and in with do as you are describing, holding stck straight down for 3 seconds will stop the motors without tipping.

After reading some post with similar problems I think it might be pilot error ? I might not have brought the throttle straight down but possibly at a slight angle causing the copter to tilt after touch down. I also read another post that said just catch it from a hover seems to work great just watch those props .

I'd agree - pilot error. I was doing the same, pulling down with both levers, which effectively tilted the craft left or right enough to make it start sliding across the ground. Only bring it down with the left lever. In the end I opted for holding it at about four feet and shutting down in my hand. But that's just my way

If the phantom is in the air at height does 3 secs of full left stick down still cut power?

no if its still flying just left stick down for 3 seconds will not cut the motors off. In less you are holding it and then it thinks its landed and touched down. Then in that case it will cut the motors with just the left stick down

lumacurve said:
After reading some post with similar problems I think it might be pilot error ? I might not have brought the throttle straight down but possibly at a slight angle causing the copter to tilt after touch down.

^This

And yet another welcome.

Oh and I love to land mine, keep at it.

Novice Question

I have a totally lame question. I press the power button once, then press it again for two seconds and all I get is a flashing red light. What Am I Doing Wrong? I feel like an idiot. Thanks, Bruce

I've graduated to hand catching now. Don't mind landing fully but it's very easy for it to tip forwards and the props to hit the ground. Hand catching it is super easy. Just remember that 3secs of full throttle down only cuts the throttle if no altitude change is detected. I.e. you have to hold it still!

In case you don't have it, I have attached the FC40 manual. Its all in there about stopping the motors and it all depends how you have got the motors set up in the Naza assistant.

Hope you find this useful,

Pete

Attachments

• Phantom_FC40_User_Manual_v1.06_en.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 358
Here is the full info for the different landing modes for the FC40.

Push both sticks to the left bottom or right bottom to start the motors. A different Cut Off Type stops the motor in a different way.

Select the option you want in the Nasa Assistant.

Immediately In any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again. In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in 3 seconds, motors will stop automatically.

Intelligent. In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors. In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors. (1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds. (2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds. (3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

Pete

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr