FC40 keep flashing Yellow rapidly after a few green and red

Reaction score
Please help!!! I just bought my brand new fc40, I think it flew great at my first attempt about 3 ft off the ground. I then visited the DJI website and found some software upgrades, downloaded then tried to "up grade" my FC40....
Now everytime I plug in the battery, the FC40 flashes a few greens, reds then rapidly flashing yellow and won't stop. I did IMU Advance and Basic calibrations over and over but still do not help. Please advise. I apologize if this has been posted before, but I could not find the answers. Thank you very much.

Re: FC40 keep flashing Yellow rapidly after a few green and

Do the compass calibration dance... that should fix it...

From the thing that is also a phone

Hi Mandrake,
Thank you so much for your help.... my other problem is... I tried to "upgrade my TX also at the same time, now it does not seem to connect. Thus I can't do the compass calibration dance (as I understand that I have to flip the s2 switch 6-8 times to activate this process?) Please help. Thank you ( The TX seems to link to the copter since no red light flashes in the battery compartment, but it just does not do anything when I try to move the sticks, flip the switches, etc..!!)

Sounds like you may need to bind the Tx and Phantom again ... Its in the manual pages 9 and 10 ... M

Yes, I did that, by resetting the switch , the red light in the battery compartment . The light is off if I turn on the TX but it just does not do anything to the copter when I flip the sticks nor the switches. Thanks sir.

See if the connector to the compass on the leg is firmly inserted.

As you can find in the applicable manual(s) rapid yellow flashes signify lost contact with the transmitter.

After a firmware upgrade first load the default settings file you can download from the DJI web site. Then make sure in Basic>RC under Receiver Type D-Bus is selected. This will cure the yellow flashes. Also check that under Basic>Aircraft Quadrotor-X is selected (top row second from left). Then perform every calibration, IMU basic and advanced, sticks and compass and let it acquire GPS fix. Then in the field do another compass dance and you should be good to go.

Moral of this story? Read the manuals and every other relevant bit of info available on the DJI site. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair