FC40 Keep Drifting Forward

Reaction score
My Brother had his FC40 get wet, This is what it is doing and will also tell you what I have replaced. It looks to lock on gps just fine, but once in the air it will not stay put. it will start to head forward and it is difficult to control. If I switch it to Atti I have much better luck, but it is as if the gps is messed up. All updates and calibrations have been done. I have exchanged the GPS, Compass, all Motors and ESC, also switched out the NAZA M V2 and it still does it ! the only parts left that have not been replaced are the 5.8G Receiver board which I can not find anywhere and the power board. I am hoping someone has some insight on what might be happening.

Hey Grandpa Jake , love ur videos :)

if this only happens in GPS mode then i bet it has something to do with the compass .. check out this vid it might help ..

http://youtu.be/kCT1rRE_UIg

I am checking the compass now just to be safe, but yesterday I had exchanged it with my spare phantom and it did not correct things. The only parts that I have left to change out are the MC board and the receiver, but I don't have an extra FC40 Receiver. I have tried to locate one, but just cant find it. It must say 5.8g TX RF V3 Phantom II the ones I have found say 5.8g RX RF V3

Not sure if the MC board could do this, but I am changing it now

i doubt the MC board & the receiver have anything to do with drifting .. try to spin the motors by hand and see if one of them has noticeable resistance it could be a faulty bearing , have u tried a different set of props .. how about the center sticks calibration through NAZA software?

maybe the GPS antenna up in the top may have gotten some water in it and may still be wet. If it was removed at all during the drying out process and not mounted in the exact same spot and orientation you may have to re enter the mounting location position in the naza software.

also check to be sure all the insides of any of the plugs are dry and not holding any water also no corrosion on any of the pins and connections. It easier for water to get in to a tight space then it ever is to evaporate out of the same spots. If there are still and places that may have some moisture stuck in the crevasses. Dry gas (Dry gas is anhydrous alcohol IE alcohol with no water in it) works wonders to wash any water out with out shorting any thing out and can be evaporated off at under 100 degrees in an oven which will not harm any off the plastic or any thing that would get destroyed if you tried putting in an over hot enough to boil off any water which would be over 212 degrees..... I had to flush my phantom out with dry gas after it got wet from being lost and spending a night out in the pouring rain on its back and my camera that was the only way i was able to get all the water out from all the nilks and crannies. and was up and flying good as new in about 3 hours from the time I retrieved it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl