FC40 Issues

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been flying my FC40 for about 18 months or so and been reasonably happy with it as a simple hobby drone. As it's my first prosumer drone it's had its share of falls and crashes and it tends to recover nicely after bumping into trees and crashing on dirt and grass.

A couple of weeks ago I had a minor crash into water. It was able ankle deep and only the camera and bottom of the chassis got wet. It was blinking some status codes on the LED but I removed the battery as quickly as I could as I wanted to prevent any shorting damage from having voltage coming into contact with the water.

I finally got around to opening it up this week and everything looked pretty clear. There was no residue on the board and it was able to power up successfully. However I'm getting the blinking red lights that do not cease. I understand that this could mean calibration, low voltage, or "other problem". Any ideas on how I go about getting a better diagnostic? NAZA through the USB port or something else?

The other issue I noticed was that one of the two transmitter antennas (the one on the leg adjacent to the compass) is no longer connected anywhere. I found a small brass connector loose inside of the case. I can see where the other connector is attached to the circuit board but have no idea where to reattach this connector.

I'm happy to try and fix it myself or I could take it to a shop. Either way I haven't the first clue about where to start so I'm posting here. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm located in the Sacramento, CA area.

mike

Most certainly you should connect up (via USB) to the Naza assistant. This could help narrow down the red LED issue.
The 2 antenna are connected to the receiver right close together- almost touching.
An easy fix would be to replace the 5.8 Ghz receiver - not a lot of money.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20