FC40 Home lock

Reaction score
When I set up IOC home lock for my FC40 when I have quad connected to my MacBook and connected to battery, do I also have transmitter on. Reason I ask is I have always read you turn on transmitter first then plug in battery. What happens if you just connect battery to quad and not have transmitter turned on, or do I need transmitter on then quad just like I was going flying.

I make a habit of taking off my props and turning on the controller when I connect the phantom to my computer.
I guess this is just to minimise the risk of your phantom entering fail safe mode and taking off inside your house. That could be quite a hazard!

isle said:
When I set up IOC home lock for my FC40 when I have quad connected to my MacBook
Could you please provide a link to the Mac version of the Assistant Software for the FC40? I can only find the Windows version on DJI.com. Thanks.

Edit: Just saw your other post, answered my question.

If you have your FC40 turned on with the controller turned off, it tries to fly up to 60 feet and do a Return To Home. A guy got cut up pretty badly when his battery connection was lost momentarily as he set the controller on the table. It almost took the end of his thumb off.

I always remove the propellers when I hook the quad to my computer.

I've turned on my FC40 while the TX was off and then turned on the TX and it connected fine. However, if I'm sending the FC40 more than a few metres away I always do it with TX on first.

Regarding the home lock... Never really played with it and absolutely no clue what it's supposed to do.

Others may be able to add additional info and/or corrections, but here is my understanding.

When you get ready to fly and connect the battery, you want the Phantom to be on a level surface, away from magnetic (ferrous) materials.

The first set of multiple green flashing lights is acknowledgement of the NAZA knowing which way the nose is pointed. I suspect that it makes a determination what level flight is based on the attitude of the Phantom; thus the need o start from a level surface.

If IOC is enabled, and Home Lock is selected, and the craft meets the distance requirement from launch point ...... If those criteria are met, no matter what direction the nose is pointed, pulling back on the right stick (mode 2) will return it to the launch point.

I believe the auto launch "feature" was addressed by a firmware update, but it still can launch itself if you switch the right switch to failsafe, after arming the motors and before advancing the throttle. Quickly switching up to ATTI or GPS will return control. This is still an area I feel should be addressed in firmware, as the Flight Controller (NAZA) apparenty can't determine what flight is, to prevent autonomous launch. Clipping on a neck strap, picking up the controller from the front, or any other action that could accidentally toggle the switch could trigger a nasty injury; especially if you didn't know how to force it to exit from the routine.

There also may still exist the possibility of out of calibration on the throttle trim may cause the NAZA to think the throttle is above a hover and activate receiver advance protection failsafe if there is no stick movement for the time period that triggers the routine.

Turning on the transmitter first is still a good habit to get into. Also, removing the props prior to connecting to the NAZA Assistant shoud be a priority.

Thanks for answers but now I can not find download for Mac to set up IOC anybody know where I can find it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav