FC40 - FPV range problem (immersion 2.4G tx + boscam 802 rx)

Reaction score
hi all,
just wondering whats wrong of my FPV setup.

FC40
immersion 2.4TX 700mw (2.4G leaf antenna)
boscam rc802 (7dbi direction antenna)

everytime i push fc40 go up beyond 100m, i lost the FPV signal already.

Is there any problem of my setup or immersion not work well with boscam or lots of 2.4G signal around and jam the FPV signal?

Re: FC40 - FPV range problem (immersion 2.4G tx + boscam 802

A lot of peeps are selling mislabeled 5.8 antennas as 2.4ghz especially on ebay. Try changing antennas around for different results. I also use a sunhans 2.5w amplifier with my setup and have had great results. My video now outlast the distance of my dji transmitter. Good luck

yu254445 said:
Is there any problem of my setup or immersion not work well with boscam or lots of 2.4G signal around and jam the FPV signal?
What frequency band are you using for Control Uplink to the FC40? still the 5.8ghz band I assume.

By chance are you going straight up? Cloverleaf antennas have little to no signal directly up or down. If you are loosing signal when you are directly overhead, move out a little bit and see if the signal improves. Also, what type of directional antenna are you using? Your cloverleaf is circular polarized either right hand or left. You can't use a linear polarized whip antenna with it. Make sure your directional antenna (crosshair etc.) Is the same polarization (circular) and the same direction (right hand or left)

I have a similar set up with

immersion 2.4TX 700mw (2.4G leaf antenna)
Lawmate 2.4RX or more recently a dvd screen with 2.4ghz receiver built in, both using 8dbi direction antenna

I managed 1km with no issue what ever. 500m is ok at say 15m height but to get better i have to go up to 25m. As far as height its been no problem past 100m

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20