FC40 Camera Wifi question

Reaction score
I have just unboxed my FC40. I have plugged the camera into the computer via USB to charge it. When I turn the camera on, my iPhone does not see it listed as an available Wifi network so I can't connect my FC40 software. Is there something I need to do first? I've gone over the directions multiple times but I'm stuck.

Thanks!

Charge it from the wall (can use the supplied USB and an iphone charger head) - during charging the light on the front it solid red and turns off when complete

Turn the camera on using the button on the side. The green light under the lens will flash for a little and so will the wifi logo on the bottom of the camera. Once this has finished flashing, go in to the settings menu on your iphone and select wi-fi, let it search and FC40 followed by numbers should come up. May take a couple of searches for it to appear. When it does tap on it to connect to it.
Once that's connected, open the FC40 app and it should show you the same FC40 xxxxxxx in the white box. Tap that and it should work.

some times to as the camera is first turn on and when you see the green light flashing you need to turn off your wifi on the phone and back on or hit scan for new networks before it will see it. Then you have to hit connect to connect to that wifi net work in your list for the camera. if your phone already trys to connect to an existing preferred net work.

Welcome to the party DaveHoo :D

Yep, charge it from the wall with a phone charger. I have heard some folks can charge it on the computer. Hoo knows if it's gonna work for Dave.

I've had issues with the little plastic button in the camera holder. Sometimes it pushes the button while I am flying. I finally broke the button off and threw it in a cow pie. :D

Be prepared for quite a bit of lag in the video signal. It will get slower and much worse as you get farther away or behind an obstacle.

You might find some useful info here:
http://www.wynotweb.com/LittlePage.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers