fc40 camera questions

Reaction score
hello i'm thinking to buy a fc40, but can the camera take pictures in timelapse so for example every 5 seconds a picture?
and can the camera record without the app and stay on without shutting down?

pietpukje said:
hello i'm thinking to buy a fc40, but can the camera take pictures in timelapse so for example every 5 seconds a picture?
and can the camera record without the app and stay on without shutting down?

You can power the camera on and click record and it will just record.
The still photos are rubbish and they can't do timelapse.

I am however rather pleased at the video quality for such a cheap device

Thanks for the answer chrisc, so i can better get a actioncam with timelapse and keep the v1.1.1

pietpukje said:
Thanks for the answer chrisc, so i can better get a actioncam with timelapse and keep the v1.1.1

If you already have a v1 you don't need a fc40 as its just a camera and different operating frequencies.

The live view is very useful. I'm keeping my fc40 camera for fpv and have a Mobius on order for video.

The camera is worth the 40quid or whatever it sells for as it has WiFi and a battery but the photos really aren't worth it.

live view is fun but i prefer a good picture, so i think i'm going to look for a descent action cam and keep the v1.1.1
the problem with a wifi cam is that it's on the 2.4ghz and dji says that it can give problems, or they just want to sell the fc40??
The mobius cam looks good and it also has timelapse

pietpukje said:
live view is fun but i prefer a good picture, so i think i'm going to look for a descent action cam and keep the v1.1.1
the problem with a wifi cam is that it's on the 2.4ghz and dji says that it can give problems, or they just want to sell the fc40??

The gopro is also on 2.4ghz so would be less prone to interfere with the fc40 model.

People use fatshark fpvs with the 5.8ghz v2s and fc40s so interference can't be that bad.

The cost difference for me was about £10 so it made sense to get the fc40. I can use the camera for something else if I go for a more advanced fpv system

If you already gave a phantom, then buy a camera for it. If you're starting new, the fc40 may be a good idea. It's pretty easy to add a gopro and gimbal to it, so you can get out cheaper than some of the other options. I don't want fpv to be my primary means of piloting. For me it'll be mainly for setting up shots and as a guide for when it's turned around a long ways away and I'm a bit disoriented. So the stock fc40 camera and gopro wifi will be fine for me, even with the delay.

It seemed a good platform for me, as I can buy just the fc40 and get familiar with flying it, and then add a gopro and gimbal later. So it's not as much money upfront, and I'm flying something less expensive during my piloting learning phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj