FC40 camera. Faulty?

Reaction score
I flew my FC40 for the first time today. Perhaps a little windy for a first attempt, but the Phantom stabilisation was as solid a rock.

My only issue is with the camera. OK, I know it's a cheapo job and I perhaps shouldn't expect too much but mine has a visible 'hot spot' in the centre lower third. It's not refraction, it does it at any angle to the sun and it's on all frames. I first noticed it when I was testing the camera indoors under artificial light. See the attached frame.

Actually, thinking about it, most of the footage I captured looks pretty underexposed. I know the low winter sun doesn't help and the camera automatics are clamping a lot but I wonder if the 'hot spot' is correctly exposed and the rest of the frame is undercooked?

Anybody else seen this?

Cheers,
Prune.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 739
It's possible I wouldn't even have noticed if my FC40 camera has a similar hot spot. I'd automatically accept that as part of the territory: a quad with camera that costs $21 more than the same quad without a camera. I have noticed underexposure, though, and apply the same reasoning for it.

You certainly have a great place to fly! I'll bet you're itching for longer video wi-fi range already!

The hotspot shows on mine too. However on close inspection it's actually a haze/ghosting around the Phantom's shadow - seems to show on greens more so. Checked all my vids ands it's clearly there. Minor for me. When high the shadow is nt visible but the haze is still there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl