fc40 cam in manual recording mode

Reaction score
im a new fc40 owner and been using fc40 cam 2 weeks now. I lose connection very easily and the cam sometimes stops recording.
I went to recording manually and it works. If u have not tried it. just turn on the cam, wait for the steady green light and then press and hold the button on the bottom and the light will turn yellow then flashing green, The cam is recording now without the wifi connection
It will record continuously until u shut off the camera.
My question is 1. is there any way to use the zoom feature manually? 2. when recording, the recording is automatically segmented in 2 minute loops, so when i look at the sd card, i see many recording files for the session. also when i transfer recording to my pc, i found out that the file names of the new recording sessions are the same as my old saved ones. so to copy, i let the pc change the name of the file and continue. The point of my question, is there anyway to control the cams settings( zoom and files) without the wifi?

thx

larryleibo said:
My question is 1. is there any way to use the zoom feature manually? 2. when recording, the recording is automatically segmented in 2 minute loops, so when i look at the sd card, i see many recording files for the session. also when i transfer recording to my pc, i found out that the file names of the new recording sessions are the same as my old saved ones. so to copy, i let the pc change the name of the file and continue. The point of my question, is there anyway to control the cams settings( zoom and files) without the wifi?

thx

No, you can't zoom using the manual mode. As for your multiple files? A few other's have had the same problem. I haven't found any valid reason why that is happening. It doesn't happen with mine. I get a continual file regardless of how long the cam is recording. My only opinion is that it might be the way your SD card is setup. Or, if you allow the camera to get too far out of range while in wifi, it will cut out vid and restart when back in range. Other than that, there is no other explanation that I can find for split files. Unless the camera's bad?

thanks for the info on the manual operation of the fc40 cam. I was out videoing tonight in manual, with the same sd card, the card was clean as always, and guess what? It recorded continuously. Maybe it splits on Saturday, Monday and wednesday and runs straight through on Tuesdays, Thursday and Friday and does not work at all on Sunday.

I usually do that when I'm flying hard in ATTI mode or manual mode because I ALWAYS seem to lose signal using fpv that way, I usually get full recordings that way but sometimes it just records a few seconds and cuts out. It's almost enough to just get a gopro but man, those things are really expensive.

i believe u my friend about the cost of go pro. I live in thailand where rc is a lifestyle. thais are crazy about rc, the city of pattaya even built a concrete runway for rc about 600 feet long. I m lucky to be around many guys with much experience in fixed wing and helicopters and even jets.

Heres my opinion about the go pro. the fc40 is built to have less weight on it that a gimple and go pro. I just experiemented with taking off my propguards and trying 2800 single and twins and the 400 battery. it flies the best with no prop guard and withthe small battery but it is so nice to get 20 or more minutes on a flight and it does not sacrifice much in flight behavior. its like the f15 tom cat vs the mig 23. the mig is lighter and more maneuverable but the tom cat has the weapons and power when you need it.

i posted some flight times here in another post. Back to camera. I think u get your flight time and crashes in in this model and then sell this one and buy a model meant to have a go pro.. I do hear the phantom 3 has cool features. maybe wait for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik