FC200 Lens Change, has anyone done it themselves?

Reaction score
I noticed a thread on the Vision 2+ sub-forum about changing to a flat lens. Anyone know if this same lens will work in the Vision? Is the lens mount the same? I assume it is.

The RageCam mod seems expensive with mixed results, I think I would rather do it my self.

Thanks!

I have done it. The problem is that due to back focal length of that particular 5.4mm lens you need the threads on the m12 lens holder to extend out further from the sensor in order to focus this lens. You can epoxy on a m12 lock ring to extend out the threads. Just be very careful that you don't get epoxy on the threads or cross thread the lens. There is a company called vision dimensions that sells the 5.4mm flat lens with a diy lens holder. This lens holder has longer threads and can be modified simply to make it work. There is a thread on here of someone doing it.

helixaviator said:
I have done it. The problem is that due to back focal length of that particular 5.4mm lens you need the threads on the m12 lens holder to extend out further from the sensor in order to focus this lens. You can epoxy on a m12 lock ring to extend out the threads. Just be very careful that you don't get epoxy on the threads or cross thread the lens. There is a company called vision dimensions that sells the 5.4mm flat lens with a diy lens holder. This lens holder has longer threads and can be modified simply to make it work. There is a thread on here of someone doing it.

Thanks. Were you happy with the image quality?

I can't find the thread you refered to, I'll keep looking.

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.