FC200 has a New Ride!

Reaction score
My FC200 has a new ride! It's upside down but I can flip the video in post-production and for FPV I just flip my phone over. I expected to have trouble with the 2.4 WiFi from the FC200 trampling the 2.4 control but it passes range testing. Still too chicken to fly it though. 2.4vs2.4 can't work, it just can't! But it passes range test! OMG WHAT TO DO!?

Attachments

• IMG_20140416_204230.jpg
    IMG_20140416_204230.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_20140416_204214.jpg
    IMG_20140416_204214.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 890
That is a seriously clever idea - cannot believe no one has done it before. Did not realise the camera was so stand alone in that respect. Did you just apply power or is there more to it ? There must be many owners of older r/c setups that work on 35 Mhz that could fly without any risk of interference.

Just power. I have no telemetry and it's actually more expensive and heavier than a traditional FPV setup but hey I already have it so why not. The base is cut out of 1/8" plexi and the cable is home made from a cheap set of earbuds with mic for a phone. The connector must have 4 poles or it will short power.

Tip --------- Ring ----------- Ring ------------ Base
Data ------- Data ------------ V- -------------- V+

My first flight will be with WiFi off, the power switch in the middle. Then if I hold the button for two seconds it will start recording video. This way I can test to make sure the plane flies ok and trim it with the camera on it before I risk turning WiFi on. I don't want to crash and be left thinking if it was bad reception or just bad flight characteristics.

Maybe it is heavier than other Fpv cameras but the quality is probably better - it is still **** but maybe less **** than others ! There is also no need to get a dedicated monitor - as you say, just use your phone as usual for the fpv. Tempted to give it a go on my ancient gas powered Ready 2 (just have to make sure the exhaust gases/oil do not get on the lens).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj