FC200 Camera Version ?

Reaction score
I just upgraded my P2V, both firmware and iOS app and according to the DJI Website the FC200 camera's latest version is at V1.1.9. However, after updating via the 3.0 assistant my camera is still at V1.1.7. How do you go about upgrading the camera?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 478
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 472
I can see where the list the latest download for a PC but I don't see it as a download for those with Mac machines. Is it possible to download a Windows file on a Mac or do I have to purchase software and if so what kind?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 436
I see the problem. This update is platform-independent.

No idea why DJI put the camera firmware update under "Windows". There's no Windows (or Mac) software involved. It's just a ZIP file containing two files: firmware.bin and a text file with instructions. Basically, you copy the firmware.bin file to a blank Micro-SD card, put it in the camera, and turn on the camera.

Diner21959 said:
I copy that...download the zip file to an empty micro disk and copy it to the camera. Thanks
No - please read the instructions carefully (and also what I wrote) before doing anything. You copy the firmware.bin file (from inside the ZIP file) to the SD card, NOT the ZIP file. People who did that wrong in the past sometimes turned their cameras into bricks.

And make sure you have formatted your micro SD card IN THE CAMERA FIRST. Then do the camera update.

It's worth it, IMHO. The jpegs out of the camera are garbage compared to the raw files.

Thank you for the directions...my camera is now update date!

Attachments

• IMG_3949.PNG
    IMG_3949.PNG
    336.5 KB · Views: 380

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31