FC 40 Upgrade to USE Ground Station

Reaction score
Hello -- I have read a number of post about upgrading the FC 40 to use Ground Station. I must admit I do not know anything about this except the FC40 as it stands is not capable. So, in short - I can spend another ~ $1000, or so to purchase the Vision 2 or Vision +... or try to upgrade the FC 40. But my dilemma is I am not sure what to buy. I see PMU...Bluetooth, Data link etc. Can anyone tell me what I need and the approximate cost? Please.

Thanks
R4boat........

Hmm I just figuref out that Ground Station only works on iPhone and iPad??? If so that will nix the whole idea...got rid of my iphone and ipad a few months back...hmmm seems silly not to make it compatible with Android users also.

You'd need to install DJI's "Bluetooth Datalink" package, as well as upgrade to have a CAN bus port (such as replace the main board with the P2 version).
Don't confuse this with just getting a BTU bluetooth module, since in this case, the bluetooth unit stays on the ground, while the 2.4Ghz Datalink goes in the sky.

If I'm not mistaken, Ground Station is available for iOS, Android, and PC.
On Android, it's part of the latest DJI Vision App.
However, it doesn't work on some of the cheapie Android tablets (like mine).

Thanks for the info...........I might as well just buy one of the Vision types...hmm. (more money !!)

To clear up what I wrote above, it appears there are several things known as "Ground Station":
- iPad Ground Station
- PC Ground Station
- DJI Vision App Ground Station (iPhone or Android)
The first two require the Bluetooth Datalink package to work.
The last requires a Phantom Vision or Vision Plus to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4