fc 40 motors on full revs till shut down.

Reaction score
history fc40 was in suit case on long flight,when unpacked seemed wrong asked for compass calebration
reset it then asked again .that seemed fixed but was still not quite wright .so upgraded nazam 2.40
locked on to full satellites had propellers off and revved motors ok then they idled .Revved motors for 2 seconds on full but when released they kept at full revs no props on only way to stop was shut down .tried in all position on s1 s2 please help had fc40 2 years no problem but I don't fully understand the workings, afraid if it dose this on fight it would just keep going up
regards jevd

Last edited:
The FC is trying to fly your aircraft but you have no props on it.
You cannot make such evaluations with the props removed and it sitting static on the ground.

It does not know you are trying to test something.

The FC is trying to fly your aircraft but you have no props on it.
You cannot make such evaluations with the props removed and it sitting static on the ground.

It does not know you are trying to test something.
thanks for reply have tried it with props on but holding down same happens .are you saying the only way to test it is in full flight knowing the motors may stick on full lift

The flight controller is a closed-loop system. Once you give it an input it expects to sense a change or it keeps on trying.

It's not likely that the motors will 'stick on full lift' because it is acting like this while stuck to the ground.

The flight controller is a closed-loop system. Once you give it an input it expects to sense a change or it keeps on trying.

It's not likely that the motors will 'stick on full lift' because it is acting like this while stuck to the ground.
thanks a lot will try it tomorrow will it be ok to tie a thin string to it to be safe you have put my mind at rest I hope you realizes how much it means to us learners for your help and advise and we so much
appreciate the time you give us rgards jevd

Be careful with the string. I don't suggest it but just be careful and as soon as you see it's ok get rid if it.
Having it wrap up in a prop will not be good.

Be careful with the string. I don't suggest it but just be careful and as soon as you see it's ok get rid if it.
Having it wrap up in a prop will not be good.
cheers and thanks again at 76 years old I would not be able to take part in these electrical things and 3d printers without you kind regards john

No problem Sir. At 54 I can only hope to see first-hand what 76 (and beyond) is like!

I tether mine whenever I change anything. Go up 5 or 6 ft to just see how things go.

How many times has it tried to fly away and that the tether prevented it?

Hello jevd, welcome to the party. :D

Please visit this page about idling the phantom, it's a BIG NO NO. :eek::eek:
I realize that is not your issue, but it will be an issue if you don't know this information.
http://www.wynotweb.com/Bad_Phantom.html

As far as the issues of the motors seeming to have a mind of their own, well they do, it's called NAZA.
When you start the motors, the Phantom expects to fly. If you add throttle, it will do it's best to climb.
That means the FC ( Flight Controller = NAZA Module) will continue increasing RPM until the Phantom climbs. It's NOT like the accelerator on a car.

Tethering a Phantom is tricky business. You have been warned.
Here is an option to the string.
You can go into the NAZA assistant, select the ADVANCED tab, select the LIMITS tab and set your height and distance limits very low, maybe like 15 meters for max height, and 30 meters for max radius. That's like having an invisible string.

Keep in mind, if you lift off from under a tree, should RTH (return to home / Failsafe ) be used, the Phantom will descend right into the tree.

Enjoy the show, and PLEASE try the links in my signature for an easy way to find some answers.

Happy flying, find a big open space... :D

Reactions: sherpa
brilliant idea have now set height to 15 m and radius to 10m if it works it cant go far will try it in morning thanks

Reactions: sherpa
Hello jevd, welcome to the party. :D

Please visit this page about idling the phantom, it's a BIG NO NO. :eek::eek:
I realize that is not your issue, but it will be an issue if you don't know this information.
http://www.wynotweb.com/Bad_Phantom.html

As far as the issues of the motors seeming to have a mind of their own, well they do, it's called NAZA.
When you start the motors, the Phantom expects to fly. If you add throttle, it will do it's best to climb.
That means the FC ( Flight Controller = NAZA Module) will continue increasing RPM until the Phantom climbs. It's NOT like the accelerator on a car.

Tethering a Phantom is tricky business. You have been warned.
Here is an option to the string.
You can go into the NAZA assistant, select the ADVANCED tab, select the LIMITS tab and set your height and distance limits very low, maybe like 15 meters for max height, and 30 meters for max radius. That's like having an invisible string.

Keep in mind, if you lift off from under a tree, should RTH (return to home / Failsafe ) be used, the Phantom will descend right into the tree.

Enjoy the show, and PLEASE try the links in my signature for an easy way to find some answers.

Happy flying, find a big open space... :D

Brilliant! I will go and tether no more!

Reactions: IflyinWY
brilliant idea have now set height to 15 m and radius to 10m if it works it cant go far will try it in morning thanks

10 Meters isn't enough. I can't remember why at the moment, 11 meters would work though.

I may be wrong.

ok I will set to 15m radius like you first said cheers

So, when are we going to see some pics or vids of that beautiful country you live in? :)

From your FC40 of course. Anything else is just a picture or a video... :rolleyes:

mine is doing the same
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ohhhh.

This is a very common problem and can be fixed immediately.

Put the props on ;) !

You cannot evaluate control response when sitting on the ground with no props OR tied to the ground with props.
IT MUST BE AIRBORNE!

You are 'telling' the a/c to climb by advancing the throttle but it doesn't sense climbing so it keeps trying.

This was explained a few posts up already.

Ohhhh.

This is a very common problem and can be fixed immediately.

Put the props on ;) !

You cannot evaluate control response when sitting on the ground with no props OR tied to the ground with props.
IT MUST BE AIRBORNE!

You are 'telling' the a/c to climb by advancing the throttle but it doesn't sense climbing so it keeps trying.

This was explained a few posts up already.
i have put the compass on the wrong leg

The compass is not responsible for the issue in the video.

However it is important to remount in proper orientation.

Reactions: HOLLOWAY1482

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic