FC 200 NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE

Reaction score
Hi Fellows

First of all, I was looking something related with this topic, but I couldn´t find any information at all, My concern is regarding with this information from DJI , please go to " http://www.dji.com/info/news/dji-gives- ... world-tour "

the text is as follows:

"The dedicated Adobe lens profile for DJI cameras has been updated to work with the iPad, allowing users to remove photo image distortion on the go. The PC version allows professional-level editing and image distortion removal of both photos and videos."

Question 1: Assuming that the new camera firmware is only to P2V plus, Can I use this firmware to update my P2V camera?, Is there any risk to put in danger my camera?

Question 2: If not, where I can download this information?

Thanks in advance for your advise. I always appreciate it

Best regards

I'm a little confused about what you're asking.

The FC200 is the camera for the non-plus Vision... so not quite sure where you're getting that the firmware update is only for the P2V+. The P2V+ does not use the FC200.

Also, the Adobe profiles don't have anything to do with the firmware, other than the fact that the firmware update allows images to now be saved as RAW, which, in turn, allows you to easily utilize the profiles to remove distortion using Adobe Lightroom, and, to some extent, Photoshop.

I believe all they're saying is the new profile is compatible with the new iPad versions of Adobe's apps. But, again, the profiles themselves don't have anything to do with the firmware.

There is no downloading lens profiles... they automatically show up in Lightbridge as manufacturers release them.

thanks for your reply Professor Stein, My question is based on this information, please see both links http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download, and http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

for the first link, there is an update for PHANTOM 2 VISION+ FC200 FIRMWARE V1.2.5G 2014-04-07

for the second link, there is an update for PHANTOM 2 VISION FC200 FIRMWARE V1.1.9 2014-01-20

both Phantoms uses the same camera (different shape but I think the electronics remain the same)

How you explain that?

Thanks for your comments

Best regards

DJIp2v said:
both Phantoms uses the same camera (different shape but I think the electronics remain the same)

How very odd. But I can't find any evidence to the contrary, so we'll go with that.

But that doesn't change the fact that the lens profiles have nothing to do with the firmware.
All the update does (as it relates to the lens profiles) is allow you to save images as RAW. And I can confirm that the Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware V1.1.9, for the non-plus Vision, will save as RAW... and I have used the new lens profile in Lightbridge.

So I don't think there's any reason to even try the Vision Plus v.1.2.5G firmware... unless there's something else specifically that you feel you're missing.

It's still very odd, though... if the two cameras are the same 'tronics, you'd think the firmware would be exactly the same, too. And if the cameras were different enough to warrant different firmware, then they should have different part/model numbers. Go figure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj