FC 200 cam vs SONY HDR AS15 cam (with video)

Reaction score
I mounted a SONY HDR AS15 onto the side of the P2V's FC200 and shot a video with both cameras running, then syncronized the video and put them on a split screen. The P2V work perfectly well with the extra camera mounted (I suspended the SONY from the camera mounting plate to avoid putting extra weight on the gimbal). The SONY has the STEADY CAM feature that stabilizes video in the camera and I wanted to see how much difference it made. The answer is A LOT. The cameras also do a very different job with respect to colour. The FC 200 adds a lot of colour that isn't there but arguably makes a warmer shot. The day I shot the video was dull, grey and miserable, so there was not much colour. It was also fairly breezy above the tress as you'll see in the video. Interestingly, in bright light the SONY has more vibrant colour than the FC 200. To my eye, the SONY has more detail, however it seems a bit jelloish in places, probably because the Velcro mounting is not a perfect lock, it's a bit flexible. It certainly produces a more stable image than the FC 200. I find that video stabilized with a video editor or by YouTube looks fuzzy on anything but the smallest of screens. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUOwgiVkzQc&edit=vd

wow that is a LOT different .... am looking for new small camera so might go see a friend who is a Store Manager at SONY here, and try for good staffie $$ deal :)

They are very inexpensive compared to GoPro. Got mine for $120.CDN on eBay. New (opened) in box. I think it had been a Sony demo, as the vendor had a bunch of them. Came with all accessories including underwater case. B & H sells them for $139. US. I think.

DJI dropped the ball on the FC 200 IMO. The FC 200 should have stabilization built in or they should have offered a multi axis gimbal from the start. I've seen the FC 200 listed as a spare part on several sites listed at $400. There is no way the FC 200 camera is worth $400 unless most of that cost is for the FPV feature. A 2 axis gimbal is in my future so I'll get over it...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub