Faulty Battery

Reaction score
Hi send email to DJI support and await an answer.

Purchased new drone 3-4 months ago. Battery has some slight swelling near the top section near the lights etc. Bought a new one to be safe. Tried to charge the old one and it will not take a charge. 1st green led and red power led flash three times repeatedly and does not charge. Checked manual but this is not described, 4th led flashing is battery too hot, but definitely the 1st led that is flashing.

Anybody else had a similar problem, do you think DJI will replace the battery.

Regards

William

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can check with DJI, but I doubt they will replace it. If it shows any signs of swelling, I would not trust it. Too much riding on it!

Ditch it.

I really expected to get more than 12 flights from a battery. Ditched it will be, can't use it anyway as it won't charge. Have any others had the same issue with the non charging and light sequence

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Lipo batteries if dropped or missused can catch fire. They must be treated with kid gloves. I keep mine in lipo bags in a biscuit tin for my own piece of mind and isolated from anything flammable should they catch fire.

Hi folks, been a few weeks now since my original post re the battery. During that time lots of email chat between me and DJI - but the good news is replacement battery is on route with UPS - well done DJI you pulled through for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4