Faulty Battery or faulty user?

Reaction score
Hi All. I've just received a Phantom 2 and I'm having trouble with my battery. It shows absolutely no sign of life whatsoever. I've tried to power on the battery whilst in and out of the Phantom, before connecting to the charger but nothing. I don't get any lights when connected to the charger despite the charger unit showing it has power.

Am I being completely useless or does this sound like I need to get onto the retailer for a replacement? Incredibly frustrating as I can't use it!

Thanks in advance.

Hi All. I've just received a Phantom 2 and I'm having trouble with my battery. It shows absolutely no sign of life whatsoever. I've tried to power on the battery whilst in and out of the Phantom, before connecting to the charger but nothing. I don't get any lights when connected to the charger despite the charger unit showing it has power.

Am I being completely useless or does this sound like I need to get onto the retailer for a replacement? Incredibly frustrating as I can't use it!

Thanks in advance.
Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum.

Is this a brand new P2 and battery?
Are you pressing the battery button, releasing, then pressing and holding for 2 seconds to turn it on?

Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum.

Is this a brand new P2 and battery?
Are you pressing the battery button, releasing, then pressing and holding for 2 seconds to turn it on?

Yes, brand new. Straight out the box. I've tried pressing, releasing and pressing for 2 seconds but nothing. Even sitting here now trying different lengths of first presses but stil no lights at all.

If the battery is not dead you may have to,force charge it. To,do that you push the power button on the battery and connect it to the charger so it then should start flashing the 1 st led indicating it started the charge cycle.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yes, brand new. Straight out the box. I've tried pressing, releasing and pressing for 2 seconds but nothing. Even sitting here now trying different lengths of first presses but stil no lights at all.
Well ****.
Here I found this very helpful link for you (sarcasm) which simply confirms that there have been some dead batteries out of the box. :-(
DJI Forum|battery will not turn on at all

I hope you got this from a local retailer who will do a quick exchange. If not send it back and go out and buy a new battery today so you can fly! Besides, you'll really should have two or three batteries anyway, one can charge while you fly on the others.
Good luck Matt.

Reactions: MattR84
If the battery is not dead you may have to,force charge it. To,do that you push the power button on the battery and connect it to the charger so it then should start flashing the 1 st led indicating it started the charge cycle.

Thanks for your tip but still nothing! Pressing and holding the button and connect to the charger?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik