FATSHARKs NEW HD GOGGLES + HDMI + SAMSUNG NOTE3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will work:

Fatshark is coming out with new hd goggles that have HDMI inputs. My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has HDMI out with an adaptor.
http://www.fatshark.com/product/1757.html
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-p ... 10FAUWESTA

I have a Phantom 2 Vision and I use my note 3 for FPV, Im wondering if I can plug the HDMI out of the phone into the HDMI in of the googles and use the Phantoms FPV through the phone to feed the goggles?

Any ideas, suggestions or anyone that has done something like this would be great.

Thanks,
Weapons Hot

Re: FATSHARKs NEW HD GOGGLES + HDMI NOTE3

If the HDMI out on the tablet/phone mirrors whatever's on the screen then it should. Before buying the goggles try running the DJI app and plugging in to the HDMI port on a TV. If you see the app and the fpv view (definitely check when linked to the Vision) then anything with HDMI in should work...

I have the Note 2 and you need to have power to run with an adapter. if you look at the webpage closer you need to power that little adapter

EDIT ..looks like it will work for you because of MHL . hmmmm maybe i need an upgrade ..

I used the iphone 5 to a Lilliput 7" monitor via HDMI adapter. It worked ok, but monitor resolution was not good so I sent it back. You will need to use vision app. controls on the smart phone though. I kept pushing controls on the mirrored monitor with no results until I got use to it.

I liked the idea of using googles with hdmi connection but not for $550.

I really like the idea of the fat shark goggles but if its just mirroring the quality of what you see on the phone I think they'd but such a waste.

Pull_Up said:
If the HDMI out on the tablet/phone mirrors whatever's on the screen then it should. Before buying the goggles try running the DJI app and plugging in to the HDMI port on a TV. If you see the app and the fpv view (definitely check when linked to the Vision) then anything with HDMI in should work...

Thanks Pull_Up great idea, Tried to get the adaptor at the local hawaii best buy and one of the geek squad said they are like gold. I ordered one on line I will see if it works.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
I really like the idea of the fat shark goggles but if its just mirroring the quality of what you see on the phone I think they'd but such a waste.

Mal, it buys me a few things if it works, immersion, and the ability to see the display in full sunlight, and i don't have to but a special video transmitter on the drone. Mostly sunny here in hawaii so seeing the display is problematic. My samsung note 3 puts out HD so I should see a good pic. We shall see (no pun)

streetcreep said:
I have the Note 2 and you need to have power to run with an adapter. if you look at the webpage closer you need to power that little adapter

EDIT ..looks like it will work for you because of MHL . hmmmm maybe i need an upgrade ..

streetcreep, I upgraded from the note 2 to 3, its like night and day. Faster, Lighter, Sharper. I get one of my adaptors next week, I bought a look alike first and a Samsung version. I will report back if it mirrors the DJI software on my big screen :)
The next problem would be how to carry around the 55 inch led tv :)

Pull_Up said:
If you have a read through this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8774 the user is doing a lot of research on HDMI goggles for the same reasons as you want them. You might want to compare notes!

Cool, I will check it out.

Pull_Up said:

Tried it and it works, I bought a Rocket Fish knock off from Best Buy, plugged it to the Samsung Note 3, no additional power adaptor needed, plugged the HDMI into the phone and TV.
QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1 Rocketfish153 MHL HDTV Adapter Black
SKU: 6295102

Fired up the DJI app and Bingo, the album was on the big screen, Crystal clear resolution. went through the movies and photos that were saved and they looked great.

Next step I broke out the Phantom, connected the Wifi and phone got live FPV through the HDMI and it also looked crystal clear.

It works!

I was worried about my sony having hdmi, a quick search found an adapter so its looking good.
Now for the shock, does anyone have a price for the new fatsharks?

Many thanks, cheaper than I thought they would be
Now I've just got to save up :D

Pull_Up said:
There you go then. Any video goggles that support HDMI in, or any that support AV in that you can use with an HDMI-to-AV adapter and you're away...

Changed my mind, canceled my fatsharks, and ordered Zeiss Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses instead, German Quality, they have been in the optics bz for a very long time. So i may get them next week along with my RP in a couple if Keri stays on track. Christmas in April :) Cant wait.

WeaponsHot said:
Pull_Up said:
There you go then. Any video goggles that support HDMI in, or any that support AV in that you can use with an HDMI-to-AV adapter and you're away...

Changed my mind, canceled my fatsharks, and ordered Zeiss Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses instead, German Quality, they have been in the optics bz for a very long time. So i may get them next week along with my RP in a couple if Keri stays on track. Christmas in April :) Cant wait.

Excellent choice! Expensive, but, surely, they will work fine! Just let us know your thoughts after you receive it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic