FatShark

Reaction score
Trying to purchase a FatShark setup. Seems like HobbyKing is the only place and everything is backordered. I'd also like to buy a setup specifically for the Phantom and not have to piece it together. Am I asking too much? And is there a place other then HobbyKing that cares the FatShark?
Appreciate your help!
Slugger

slugger said:
Trying to purchase a FatShark setup. Seems like HobbyKing is the only place and everything is backordered. I'd also like to buy a setup specifically for the Phantom and not have to piece it together. Am I asking too much? And is there a place other then HobbyKing that cares the FatShark?
Appreciate your help!
Slugger

Get a hold of Cliff at atlanta hobby.. They hooked me up with the Fat Pred V2's. Took about 4 days to get in to stock, make it work for phantom, then it shipped.. Was full package and all I had to do was plug it in and turn it on. Very plug and play if you tell Cliff ahead of time its for the Phantom. Oh also they are a DJI distro in the USA. So they hook these up to Phantoms all the time.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/vi ... egory=1002

If you order Call Cliff and let him know Phantom..

Not sure if you wanted to get just the goggles or the RTF setup. I just purchased the RTF Predator V2 setup ($279) from Hobby King and it was not on back order.

I can hardly contain my excitement... I also purchased a servo and the pan/tilt camera mount and the SpiroNet antenna pair. This is going to be too much fun!

auck said:
fatshark sells a couple of fpv version. check this one out:

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=11230

as far as i know, there is no all in one FPV system out there, and there isn't one specifically designed for the Phantom. yes you will need to tinker with the phantom in order to use FPV.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 8G_TX.html

The RTF above is a plug-n-play for any flying aircraft including the Phantom. You only need the power supply from the balance plug of JST-HX type. It is a complete set but I ordered an extra battery for the goggles and the SpiroNet CP antenna set.

Thanks auck, order one from Heli-Worldthesame day, can't wait......
Hope it's semi-plug & play and I don't have to do to much dinking around to get it going.

the fatshark preditor V2 is about as "plug & play" as you'll probably find. connect camera to tx, attach voltage regulator to tx, attach antenna to tx, attach power to voltage regulator (to turn it on). attach the tx on the outside (right behind the gopro) and then run the wiring as you see fit. about as simple as it gets if you don't mind the wiring running around outside of the shell. it gets more complicated if you want it inside the shell only because you have to figure out how to run the wriring.

some people mount the camera to the battery hatch (door). i bought a usb connector to gopro for it, so i now see what my gopro sees. there's next to no set up for the goggle - basically you just plug in the power and you are set.

auck said:
the fatshark preditor V2 is about as "plug & play" as you'll probably find. connect camera to tx, attach voltage regulator to tx, attach antenna to tx, attach power to voltage regulator (to turn it on). attach the tx on the outside (right behind the gopro) and then run the wiring as you see fit. about as simple as it gets if you don't mind the wiring running around outside of the shell. it gets more complicated if you want it inside the shell only because you have to figure out how to run the wriring.

some people mount the camera to the battery hatch (door). i bought a usb connector to gopro for it, so i now see what my gopro sees. there's next to no set up for the goggle - basically you just plug in the power and you are set.

LOL. Took me longer to read this than it did to set up my own. Auck is right. Its that easy!!!!

slugger said:
Appreciate your help!
Slugger

Got my Fat Shark Attitudes through ReadyMadeRC and service was quick and responsive. They are still in stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31