FatShark setup

Reaction score
First all I am new here and just purchased a Phantom 2 no vision. I want to purchase a Fatshark goggle system but I need to know what I need to extend the range on the FPV so I can see miles not feet. I tried to do as much reading as I could but I hate to make a bad purchase, thanks for the help.

Good antenna's are a must for long distance.
you might also want to consider a higher power Tx, the 600mw is a viable option (around $80)

But getting good distance can be tricky, depends on the area you fly in as well.
I can usually fly only a few blocks until things break up.
(heard that the higher up you go, the further out you can go as well)

I'm not sure if you will acheive "miles" with a 5.8ghz system. You might be better considering 2.4ghz for your video but that does mean changing your control setup to something like EzUHF from immersionRC. You can buy a pair of fatshark dominators and get a 2.4ghz video module.

I currently run 5.8ghz using an ImmersionRC 600mW tx with fatshark attitudes using spiroNET antennas and struggle to get anywhere close to a mile distance, I am still learning though and it could just be my setup.

I think the most important item to look at are the antenna's, I bought the SpiroNET fatshark circular polerized antennas because I was told that these were the best, going on the results I've had so far, I'm not sure if that is the case. I am researching just now if there are better antennas out there for 5.8Ghz. Buying a more powerful (milliwatts) TX won't automatically give you more range, I think it is more important to get the right antennas. My mate runs a fatshark 250mW TX the standard one that came with his predator googles and I run the ImmersionRC 600mW, I don't get any further range than he does both using the same SpiroNET antennas.

midknightskie said:
So I should replace the tx in the fatshark with something like this?
http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/58ghz-1000 ... -499-p.asp

See my post yesterday regarding range with Fat shark and ImmersionRC 250mW transmitter. Using a $20 patch antenna on my goggles, and Spironet with 2" extension on P2, I went 3,780 meters with usable video all the way out and back (between 100 and 200 meters altitude). Key is the receiving antenna, and the $20 patch I use rocks. Search my posts for details.

Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20