FatShark FPV

Reaction score
Please post pics of how you mounted your fatshark camera? When Im not filming I want the gopro weight off it. So I use the fatshark mini cam and Im not liking how I mounted mine even though it works just fine.

mercillus said:
Please post pics of how you mounted your fatshark camera? When Im not filming I want the gopro weight off it. So I use the fatshark mini cam and Im not liking how I mounted mine even though it works just fine.

I mounted mini FPV cam in front over battery cap. (white velcro with one side taped), You can easily remove cam every time you want. ;)

jumanoc said:
mercillus said:

I mounted mini FPV cam in front over battery cap. (white velcro with one side taped), You can easily remove cam every time you want. ;)

I did similar. Just seems flimsy.. Thanks for responding.

Anyone else with alternative ideas? I agree that the velcro solution seems a little flimsy.

Used Velcro on the battery door with my first one. Sadly that one is sitting out in a jungle of underbrush probably never to be found. The Velcro mount was functional but keeping the camera pointed the same way was iffy.

I bought a Sony camera upgrade for my replacement. It came with a crude U-bracket that I screwed into my battery door with two small, shortened sheet medal screws. So far so good with this one.

Used Velcro on the battery door with my first one. Sadly that one is sitting out in a jungle of underbrush probably never to be found. The Velcro mount was functional but keeping the camera pointed the same way was iffy.

I bought a Sony camera upgrade for my replacement. It came with a crude U-bracket that I screwed into my battery door with two small, shortened sheet medal screws. So far so good with this one.

eyeinthesky said:

Yeah, the velcro is not very stable. I think that I will do some type of rudimentary aluminum bracket. Probably get a thin aluminum strip, bent it and cut it to size. Drill small holes to screw the camera to it and screw the back of bracket to the battery door.

Unless someone else did something better?

Is there a way to simply use the GoPro hooked up to a video transmitter rather than the separate Fatshark camera? Any advice on systems to use which are ready to hook up and fly right out of the box? I would rather use a monitor than the goggles, unless there is a way to monitor the all-important LED through the goggles. Suggestions?

I mounted my Fatshark camera to the top of the door. I stuck some heavy duty velcro-like stuff (plastic nodules - not hooks and fluff) to the top and bottom of the camera, to the camera door, and to the top of my phantom. The camera sticks to the top of the door, can be angled up or down and is inline with the gopro camera, and is braced with a long stiff strip of the velcro from the top of the camera to the phantom body. This means I can see my props, but they're not in shot - done about 40 flights with this setup and it works well for me. It's stiff, and I like having my gopro in a waterproof case, just in case.

xco.png

u4na said:
I mounted my Fatshark camera to the top of the door. I stuck some heavy duty velcro-like stuff (plastic nodules - not hooks and fluff) to the top and bottom of the camera, to the camera door, and to the top of my phantom. The camera sticks to the top of the door, can be angled up or down and is inline with the gopro camera, and is braced with a long stiff strip of the velcro from the top of the camera to the phantom body. This means I can see my props, but they're not in shot - done about 40 flights with this setup and it works well for me. It's stiff, and I like having my gopro in a waterproof case, just in case.

xco.png

Great idea!!!

u4na said:

xco.png

Great idea!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie