FatShark Dominator V3 Pre-Orders

Reaction score
Phellow Phantom Pilots...

Pre-order and pre-sales notification wait lists are just starting to open up for the new FatShark Dominator V3 goggles which the vendor has designed to work with both the I1 and the P3 with the HDMI board.

Here are some links. I have done business with both vendors with no complaints:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_22_227&products_id=4424

http://team-legit.com/product/fat-shark-dominator-v3/

I expect actual delivery in mid Sept, though a few might be available late this month.

:harry

Are these the ultimate FPV glasses for the P3? Is the resolution good enough? IPD adjustment?

The DominatorHD seem to have higher resolution. So why get a DominatorV3?

Are these the ultimate FPV glasses for the P3? Is the resolution good enough? IPD adjustment?

The DominatorHD seem to have higher resolution. So why get a DominatorV3?

Yes, the Dom V3's , like the V2's, have IPD adjustment. I recommend you try out a set of the current Dom V2's and also the HD's. The Dom V2 and the Skyzones are the most popular goggles among serious FPV flyers here in Silicon Valley. The resolution is higher on the HD's but for purposes of FPV flight not really needed.

I use a set of Dom V2's that In use with my 5.8gHz FPV quads and don't see miuch difference between those and the HD's.

The attraction of the Dom V3's is both the price point as well as the fact that they will support 720p resolution from the P3 HDMI output which at present is only available from the Dom HD goggles.

Are these the "ultimate" for FPV use with the P3. I can't answer that as all the current goggle solutions for the P3 represent a compromise. Cinemizers have a narrow FOV and are pretty pricey, the HeadPlays (which I also own and use) are very bulky to transport with no visual adjustments other than changing the main lens, the Dom HD V2 will be higher priced than the Dom V3's but have higher resolution capability, which will appeal to some flyers.

If you're considering buying a set of goggles for your P3 I suggest you check out forums on RCG and FPVLab so that you can become more informed on the state of goggle development. You should also try a few of these goggles on to see how they work for you specifically. These products are not at LHS's. Seek out your local FPV community for hands on demos, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddzilla
Yes, the Dom V3's , like the V2's, have IPD adjustment. I recommend you try out a set of the current Dom V2's and also the HD's. The Dom V2 and the Skyzones are the most popular goggles among serious FPV flyers here in Silicon Valley. The resolution is higher on the HD's but for purposes of FPV flight not really needed.

I use a set of Dom V2's that In use with my 5.8gHz FPV quads and don't see miuch difference between those and the HD's.

The attraction of the Dom V3's is both the price point as well as the fact that they will support 720p resolution from the P3 HDMI output which at present is only available from the Dom HD goggles.

Are these the "ultimate" for FPV use with the P3. I can't answer that as all the current goggle solutions for the P3 represent a compromise. Cinemizers have a narrow FOV and are pretty pricey, the HeadPlays (which I also own and use) are very bulky to transport with no visual adjustments other than changing the main lens, the Dom HD V2 will be higher priced than the Dom V3's but have higher resolution capability, which will appeal to some flyers.

The old Dominator HDs are not 720P, they are 800x600 only. The Dominator HDs also suffer from blurred edges, there is a new Version HD V2 which is better suited for the P3. You wont see any difference when you use Dom V2 or HD V1s with analog FPV, only a wider but softer image. Most ppl here want HD goggles for the P3 and Lightbridge. 800x600 is like 480P, much less resolution.
Headplay HD are better suited but i guess a bunch of new goggles and masks will arrive in early 2016 or this winter. It just makes no sense to buy Dominator V2 or HD for the P3. Newer goggles will have 720P 16:9 and HDMI port.

Reactions: Toddzilla
People must really be a gambling mood if they are willing to pre-order anything Fatshark after the mess they've caused in the past with product releases. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers