Fatshark Dominator V3 & P4

Reaction score
I'm totally amazed ... it's like watching a movie. Right now I would give it a 10 out of 10 but to be fair I only flew for about 5 minutes. I set my iPhone 6 on the ground and had not problem spotting it from 100 feet.

I will update this tomorrow after I fly 3 -6 packs through them.

I did waste about 2 hours of my life trying to get them connected. I set and re-set everything a dozen times and cycled everything 5 or 6 times. Ready to box them up and send them back and a warning popped up and said the RC needed an update. After the RC update everything worked. My guess is the HDMI board triggered an update. It took some time to show up.

This is correct.
After installing the HDMI board in the controller, it will require an RC firmware update. Which, of course, it won't tell you until you connect the app.
Not sure you have any control over which RC version the app will install.

Reactions: rhoffart
This is correct.
After installing the HDMI board in the controller, it will require an RC firmware update. Which, of course, it won't tell you until you connect the app.
Not sure you have any control over which RC version the app will install.

So does the RC with the module run a different firmware version than the latest regular RC firmware? DJI support told me that it did not need different firmware.

It's the same firmware. But, for whatever reason it has to re-flash when you put the new board in (there is actually a lot of stuff on that board). I expect it has to update some of the individual components.

It's the same firmware. But, for whatever reason it has to re-flash when you put the new board in (there is actually a lot of stuff on that board). I expect it has to update some of the individual components.

Now that you mention it, I recall reading that the module board is also where the RC firmware is stored - if so that would explain it.

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
I installed the module, and it does appear that the RC firmware is stored on that module, since it went back to 1.5.70+ from the previously updated 1.5.80. It took a few reboots to persuade it to check for updates, but then updated and worked fine.

I was pleased to find that once updated, it really is plug and play with the Zeiss Cinemizers. Looks like it disables the video feed to the tablet when outputting to an HDMI device, but the tablet controls and status display still work as usual. Switching off or disconnecting the HDMI device results in the video feed reappearing immediately on the tablet. The HDMI screen shows mostly the same information but in the older style, just top and bottom of the screen.

^^ @sar104 There are 2 toggles in the GO app for this. One is for Dual HDMI output (video on both the HDMI output and within the app) and a switch for OSD telemetry on the HDMI output.

They can have the usual DJI flaky-ness in getting set right initially (it may actually even show as dual HDMI output enabled in the app, even though it is not behaving that way). Toggling it OFF/ON/OFF or whatever will get it set, and it will be fine from then on. Just another one of those DJI quirks.

I haven't had to touch it since, and dual output (with telemetry) is always enabled upon RC boot.

^^ @sar104 There are 2 toggles in the GO app for this. One is for Dual HDMI output (video on both the HDMI output and within the app) and a switch for OSD telemetry on the HDMI output.

They can have the usual DJI flaky-ness in getting set right initially (it may actually even show as dual HDMI output enabled in the app, even though it is not behaving that way). Toggling it OFF/ON/OFF or whatever will get it set, and it will be fine from then on. Just another one of those DJI quirks.

I haven't had to touch it since, and dual output (with telemetry) is always enabled upon RC boot.

Thank you. That section of prefs wasn't there before I installed the module, so I hadn't looked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr