Fatshark dominator hd

Reaction score
Can I get these to work with my iphone for the phantom vision plus.
Desperately need some fpv goggles but don't want to pay the oled or epson price
Thanks

I am interested too, but I have done a good bit of reading and I think it is at least not plug and play, takes some custom work, but with that said I am not sure and confused on this idea. I need them too, my eyes are very light sensitive after rk and ak surgery to correct vision many years ago. I have to keep the sun behind me.

No one really has them yet, so you probably won't get many answers to those questions, but I'll venture.
They do work with phones, if you have HDMI out on it, so yes it can work with the Vision+.
I considered these over the Cinemizers, but the Cinemizers allow me to maintain LOS while using them, where the Dominators make that a little more difficult in my opinion.
I agree that the Cinemizers are WAY over priced, I wouldn't have purchased them had I experienced them before hand. But, I'm still happy with them over all.

If you take your Fatshark goggles and plug them into the HDMI out port on your phone they are about as plug and play as you will find. Unfortunately cell phones don't have a standard HDMI port. I don't know about Apple phones but modern Android phones have a slimport (the charger port) which has an HDMI out signal. You need a slimport to HDMI adapter which you can pick up on Amazon for about $30.

Then you just plug the Fatshark into your phone. You don't get any extra resolution but at least you get a nice head's up display with no glare.

If you tried to get the Fatshark working with RF transmitter modules you are going to find a lot of trouble. Fatsharks aren't designed to work with the transmitter inside the Vision 2+. Wrong frequency, wrong encoding, wrong camera, etc.

rbhamilton said:
If you take your Fatshark goggles and plug them into the HDMI out port on your phone they are about as plug and play as you will find. Unfortunately cell phones don't have a standard HDMI port. I don't know about Apple phones but modern Android phones have a slimport (the charger port) which has an HDMI out signal. You need a slimport to HDMI adapter which you can pick up on Amazon for about $30.

Then you just plug the Fatshark into your phone. You don't get any extra resolution but at least you get a nice head's up display with no glare.

If you tried to get the Fatshark working with RF transmitter modules you are going to find a lot of trouble. Fatsharks aren't designed to work with the transmitter inside the Vision 2+. Wrong frequency, wrong encoding, wrong camera, etc.

rbhamilton:

like this link for about $30 below?

but it states "Compatible with Google Nexus 4 Phones & 2nd gen Nexus 7"

i have a 1st gen nexus 7 so thats probably out.

but my phone is a rooted samsung note II with latest android 4.4.2

would a cable like this work with it? if so whats difference between the $30 ones and the $10 ones?

thx

http://www.amazon.com/SlimPort-HDMI-Ada ... MI+adapter

does anyone know if one of the above cables will successfully work with a note II running 4.4.2?

im thinking about getting goggles. thanks.

presto!

this samsung version is more expensive then the other cheapos on amazon -however- if you have a note 2 or other samsung phone, you should buy the samsung brand plug because as the article above mentions, samsung CHANGED their video out pin standards from 5 pins to 11 pins. thats why it mentions in the features section in the below link, "backward compatible".

with this $40 plug and a samsung phone, you are FPV goggles capable. i cant take all the glare from the sun even with all the ebay phone shade options and also trying to hide under trees. FPV goggles are in my future.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ET-H10FAU ... ition+Link

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl