Fatshark batery

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got some predator v2s for Christmas. I have been charging the battery with stock phantom charger. What amperage should I be charging at. 2amps seemed to work fine for my first charge. That battery being so small I don't know what is safe. Suggestions Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Runnerman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the C rating on the battery, which for most its 1C.
Which means a 1800mah battery can be charged at 1.8A
A 2200mah battery can be charged at 2.2A

you get the picture.

I would never go over the recommended amps, for you risk damaging your battery.
So if you have a 2200mah battery, charge at 2A. If you have the time, I would actually charge at 1A.
The lower the amp's you charge at, the easier on the battery and you may notice longer life of the battery.

but...since you are talking about a new phantom...you probably dont want to wait all that time =)

socman said:

you get the picture.

So if you have a 2200mah battery, charge at 2A. If you have the time, I would actually charge at 1A.
The lower the amp's you charge at, the easier on the battery and you may notice longer life of the battery.

but...since you are talking about a new phantom...you probably dont want to wait all that time =)
Thanks! I've had the phantom for about 4 months now. That's led to 3 batteries and two chargers so I'm content. Thanks again!

runnerman said:
socman said:

you get the picture.

Thanks! I've had the phantom for about 4 months now. That's led to 3 batteries and two chargers so I'm content. Thanks again!

i did see you say you are using the stock charger to charge it. I would highly recommend you buying a decent charger. That stock one is junk.....

socman said:
runnerman said:
socman said:

you get the picture.

i did see you say you are using the stock charger to charge it. I would highly recommend you buying a decent charger. That stock one is junk.....
Agreed. It is very junky. Recommendations?

runnerman said:
socman said:
I personally bought:
http://www.servocity.com/html/hitec_x1_mf_multi-function_cha.html

not saying its the best, but the local hobby shop recommended it for under $100. Im sure there are better ones out there, but I have no complaints on this one. There are quite a few recommendations out there in these forums....but youll have to search for them.
Pros cons? Charge time?

Pros: LCD display shows the voltage level, time, and how much charge it put back into battery. Has many different modes of charging...including storage which is a must in my opinion. Also is fairly small, so it fits very nicely into my storage case. Takes about 45 minutes @2A to charge from a dead battery (by dead, i mean one I flew until phantom started flashing red).
Cons: none that I can think of.

socman said:
runnerman said:
socman said:
I personally bought:
http://www.servocity.com/html/hitec_x1_mf_multi-function_cha.html

not saying its the best, but the local hobby shop recommended it for under $100. Im sure there are better ones out there, but I have no complaints on this one. There are quite a few recommendations out there in these forums....but youll have to search for them.
Pros cons? Charge time?

Pros: LCD display shows the voltage level, time, and how much charge it put back into battery. Has many different modes of charging...including storage which is a must in my opinion. Also is fairly small, so it fits very nicely into my storage case. Takes about 45 minutes @2A to charge from a dead battery (by dead, i mean one I flew until phantom started flashing red).
Cons: none that I can think of.
Thanks! This is something I will be adding to my purchase list.

no problem!
if you end up getting that one and have questions on its use, pm me on the forums.
it's pretty easy to use, but make sure you read the directions.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and been flying the Phantom for a while now, and today will be testing out my newly obtained FatShark Predators..
I am attempting to charge the Predator battery with the Phantom stock charger, but wondering about the charger indications.
I am connecting only the balance lead of the battery to the charger, as the main discharge lead has no XT60 connector obviously. I have it set to 1 Amp.

The charge status LED and the 2s cell LED blink red alternately, all the time.. Does that mean it is charging normally as I am only using the balance lead?
(When charging a normal Phantom battery with both leads connected, the LEDs are constant red until charging is finished..)

I can not find info on this behaviour in the DJI support info..!

I would never charge batterys with the dji charger.
Get a decent charger from hobbyking. 20-30$ and your batterys would love it.
And you Can follow the voltage on each cell.

Thanks, a decent charger is definitely on my wish list. I'm quite keen to be able to keep an eye on the condition of all my batteries, and right now I can't do it.

I have in the meantime found an adapter cable in the Fatshark package, which allows me to connect also the main discharge lead of the Fatshark battery to the DJI charger. I must have overlooked it before.. duhh!! But still the lights on the charger flash and charging doesnt start..
But somewhere upstairs I found a very basic Lipo charger from another Walkera heli which charges the Fatshark battery just fine through only the balance lead. Ok for now till I get a proper charger..!

Prehn said:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__7028__Turnigy_Accucel_6_50W_6A_Balancer_Charger_w_accessories.html

Will this work with the 7.4v 1000mAh Fatshark Attitude battery? If not, what would you guys suggest?

I have one, yes the Accucel 6 works with the Fatshark battery. With most lipos if not all.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl