Fatshark attitudeSD V2 kit

Reaction score
I took the plunge, after watching a video where an 'ol timer said he regretted waiting to get fpv. So I got meself a Fatshark AttitudeSD V2 w/ a couple spironet omni ant. Got a Camera Shock Absorber to mount the 205mw transmitter to. Also got a 5.8GHZ A/V receiver with 8" TFT LCD FPV monitor. A Immersion RF Power meter so I can see how it is all working. Oh and iosd. And the fellow who helped me pick everything out and cables everything else, Thomas, just called to say that a battery that he had showed me online did not get ordered. The shops name is dpcav.com and they are in Folsom, CA. Near where I used to live and where my daughter and her family live in Sacramento. I think I have built a little professional relationship with this salesman and I will report my further experiences. We all need knowledgeable people when we have questions and he seemed to know his way around the parts room.

From my porch I can see clear for about 5 miles at one elevation and if I fly a little higher there is a hill probably 10 -15 miles away. Way past what any battery could do. I am going to attempt to see how far I can get and still have the bird in los even if it is through a telephoto lens. I want iosd broadcast back to me and I want to record it so even if the bird goes down I will know the last location and I can have a better chance of locating it. (also want my yamaha 250 working so I can drive crosscountry to it.)

An update on my experience with dpcav.com where yesterday I dropped a bit over a grand. Can't wait to fly with a fatshark goggle and I won't have to wait that long. I finished my order yesterday about 9:45am and I received the entire order at 12:45pm today via usps. From Sacramento the mail went to Reno, Then up the eastern side of the Sierra Mt range to Alturas where our contract mail guy leaves from and takes stuff to tulelake and then back to us on his way back. I will post my experience so others, who were in the same spot I was, can move forward and get flyin the way you want to.

Here we are just a few days ago I was a complete novice with real fpv under my belt, now I have flown for 10 batteries worth of time (about an hour in the air) with my new Fatshark Attitude V2 Goggles and my 7" monitor and this is a complete difference then using my Galaxy s4 phone or my Kindle Fire hd 7'" tablet. The 7" monitor is very bright and "no blue screen" and I got a Uno5800 receiver with a patch antenna and a spiro on the transmitter I had a great signal while I flew around 1200' from my front porch. The goggles are gonna take a little getting used to, both the feeling of them on my head and to depend on what I am seeing as a place to fly without hitting anything. Naturally while I was flying the only plane in 2 days was flying near me. Directly north of me the land drops just a little and kind of opens up and from my front yard you can see line of sight for a few miles. I look forward to exploring this area. I am thinking of putting a tower in my field, both for flying and for ground based rc toys, I want a race track I think. More later as I learn, but I am having a blast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues