FatShark Attitude V2 - what do i need? :(

Reaction score
Hey gang -

I've been toying with the small crappy toys of RC copters for too long - and got decent with some of them. I decided it was time to go to something bigger - my phantom arrives tomorrow. So I've been researching all this stuff for weeks on end and I'm very afraid of how addicted i may become very soon - but so be it!

FPV footage has stood my hair on end - i have to have this :) I am however a little confused about how this all connects at the phantom.

I want to get the FatShark Attitude V2 goggles, which i understand come with a transmitter to go on the phantom, but what will power it? What cables etc am i going to need to order to get this plugged into my new gopro hero 3 silver, and what powers my goggles on the ground?

Sorry to ask here and I apologize that this is my first post but it's truly after reading like mad and still not understanding the nuances of sharing power on the phantom with other devices...

any help? thanks folks! Nice to 'meet' you all and I've been reading in here like a fiend :)

telemole said:
Hey gang -

I've been toying with the small crappy toys of RC copters for too long - and got decent with some of them. I decided it was time to go to something bigger - my phantom arrives tomorrow. So I've been researching all this stuff for weeks on end and I'm very afraid of how addicted i may become very soon - but so be it!

FPV footage has stood my hair on end - i have to have this :) I am however a little confused about how this all connects at the phantom.

I want to get the FatShark Attitude V2 goggles, which i understand come with a transmitter to go on the phantom, but what will power it? What cables etc am i going to need to order to get this plugged into my new gopro hero 3 silver, and what powers my goggles on the ground?

Sorry to ask here and I apologize that this is my first post but it's truly after reading like mad and still not understanding the nuances of sharing power on the phantom with other devices...

any help? thanks folks! Nice to 'meet' you all and I've been reading in here like a fiend :)

you power it with the little Aux power cord that's coming out of one of the rubber grommets in the legs of your Phantom.

you might want to pick up male and female JST plugs so you can easily connect/disconnect it when you'd like.

you can power the goggles with almost any 7-12v DC power source with a proper plug.
but you can also order a custom 2s lipo that they sell (which is usually out of stock)

you then use this cable to connect to the GoPro
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... a446357989

Read this post:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1599

The 2nd post (mine) has a link to the cable you need if you have a GoPro 3 (GoPro 2 uses a different cable, also sold by readymade).

All the other info you need is in the thread I linked.

Spork said:
Read this post:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1599

The 2nd post (mine) has a link to the cable you need if you have a GoPro 3 (GoPro 2 uses a different cable, also sold by readymade).

All the other info you need is in the thread I linked.

you guys are amazing - i was planning on waiting a day or 2 for a reply but this is fantastic! I'm ordering!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub