FatShark Attitude FPV to a P2V

Reaction score
Is it possible to fit a FatShark Attitude FPV to a P2V? Has anybody done this, please?

In fact, has anybody fitted any Fat Shark product [Predator, Dominator or Attitude] successfully to a Phantom 2 Vision?

If it's possible, how is the FPV and video recording controlled? All thoughts, comments and opinions gratefully rxd.

Let me start by saying I have never even seen Fat Shark goggles in person.

However, based on the little bit that I THINK I know from doing web research:

1. There is only one model of Fat Shark goggles, the Dominator, that can receive a 2.4Ghz signal. According to what I read, the 2.4Ghz model of the Dominator is currently undergoing redesign and is not available.

2. All other models of Fat Shark googles are strictly 5.8Ghz.

3. The Phantom 2 Vision uses 5.8Ghz to control the quad itself. (This is a known fact.)

4. Video transmission CANNOT be on the same bandwidth as the quad copter remote control.

5. The Vision 2 and the FC40 use 5.8Ghz to control the quad, and 2.4Ghz for the video link. All other Phantoms, including the Phantom 2 (non-Vision) use the reverse, ie, 2.4Ghz to control the quad and 5.8Ghz for video.

In other words, it's no surprise that you don't see anyone using Fat Shark goggles with a P2 Vision. The goggles would have to be goggles that received video via 2.4Ghz, and there are either one or zero Fat Shark models that receive video on that bandwidth.

Thanks for that BigBells. I'm not surprised. I will have to investigate the best FPV combination for the P2V.

Any suggestions anybody? TIA

It's not just 2.4, it's WiFi via an app so there's currently no all in one solution. Some people have used Zeiss Cinemizer goggles or other cheaper video goggles with a phone/tablet with HDMI out. I believe one of the fat shark models has (or is going to have) HDMI input available as well. The attraction with that would be future compatibility with standard 5.8GHz FPV systems if you moved from Vision to a new aircraft operating on the traditional 2.4 control frequency.

there is here some guy that all ready make that, with to many cables and connector, search it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj