Fatal system error Phantom 2 vision+ v3

Reaction score
Hello:

red light "SYSTEM ERROR" displayed on the app after update to 3.14

that day i forgot the MSD card, so I tought that maybe was the problem.

next day I insert the MSD card and i used for 25 minutes (2 batterys), starting to loose signal with the RC (just 100 mts away) (I calibrate it in 2 different places)

the 2nd time after the update firmware. impossible to have green light. I calibrate the compass many times.
only green lights for the horizontal cal. but for the vertical nose cal. just yellow lights.

I try and change 5 different batterys.
2 different msd cards.
and re-calibrate it manualy and from the app. IMPOSSIBLE.

And the most crazy thing: standing outside in the snow, with the drone over a box or in my hand, if I touch the left corner beside the battery it show me green light "ready to fly". I take off my hand and again red light "System error".

Now I start another PC windows 7, download all the drivers, instal the assistance and re upgrade the 3.14 version. the same thing for the RC.

one more time the same issue.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Jack

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 759
What temps you operating in?

Jack, check the three plugs that connect the copter to the gimbal
make sure they are all plunged in and tight. Vibration or a hard touch down can cause them to,loose connection. Give those a try.

What temps you operating in?

Hello.

the first time of the "system error" arrounf 15°C (59°F)
when I attach the micro SD I film arround 5°C (41°F)
3er time yesterday in my house 21°C (70°F).

Thanks

Jack, check the three plugs that connect the copter to the gimbal
make sure they are all plunged in and tight. Vibration or a hard touch down can cause them to,loose connection. Give those a try.
Hello Royva:
I never crash or land hard.
They only have like 5 flighs (5 batterys).
I can´t open the drone to check the wires.
It´s a big coincidence after upgrade firmaware.
Before was perfect, after SYSTEM ERROR.

Thanks

Jack plug into your assistant software with your PC or Laptop and see if you get the errors then. May give a better clue to the issue. Let us know!

if I touch the left corner beside the battery it show me green light "ready to fly". I take off my hand and again red light "System error".

Check the power and data connector plug inside the phantom. that location(left corner by battery) is same as where the connector is. Look for loose wires or broken connector itself.
good data connection is made with pressure on spot says something is loose or out o position a bit

good luck and have fun flying!

With the battery out of the Phantom, look in the compartment and you will see two connectors that look like pin il points one over the other. Very carefully push on each one and see if it moves down and back out. They are spring loaded to give good contact with the battery. Make sure they move freely. Also look for any signs of corrosion or discoloration. Look at the two spade contacts. See if the are tight and don't move. These should be locked into place and also clean. I would even clean them with denatured alcohol or contact cleaner cleaning all four contacts. Clean the contacts on the battery side also. Let us know what you find.

I have just experience exactly the same symptom that Jack1975 reported here. Would like to know what rectified the problem for Jack1975.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj