Fat Sharks fpv

Reaction score
I received my Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles today. I'm pretty disappointed. I was expecting to be wowed or at least impressed. I honestly think I can see/fly better with my iPad Air. Anyone have some suggestions? I'm hoping I have a setting wrong or I am doing something wrong. I've watched a few YouTube videos and it seems I'm doing everything correct. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Got also disapointed about limited field of vision, lack of immersion, pixelisation etc. But recon they are doing their job, not invasive and easy to use.

They are now 2-3 years old and btw lot of progress, but beware with some you might end up with ´big boxes' on your head!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Jshank
I bought a Walkera Goggles 3 HDMI and I use with my Phantom 4. He works very fine with sharpening color and images. He was very immersive. I love it. Very important, the screen is in 4/3 format and the fov is very good.

I've had mine for a year and for various reason hadn't used them until last week. While the video quality wasn't startling, I was able to fly out 2 miles and back while never having pixelation issues. I also liked the fact the I didn't have to right brain/ left brain when flying away from and towards me. I have to negotiate some high tension lines at the start and ends of my flights and the wires being close to the bird were sharp and clear. All in all, they did what I wanted them to.

Is the image stretched or just low res?
Why didnt you choose the Fatsbark HD3's instead?

I am considering Hd3's or Skyzone sky02 v+

I am using the cheaper Flysight Spexman2's and while not nearly as crisp as the Headplay Goggles I also have, but also not as mindbending (they are so immersive, I lose my situational awarness and reality--feeling like I've been to another planet after a flight).

Is the image stretched or just low res?
Why didnt you choose the Fatsbark HD3's instead?

I am considering Hd3's or Skyzone sky02 v+

Low resolution. I think I might have set my expectations too high. I'm not sure why I Didn't hd3. I think I was confused. I'm sending them back. Now I need to decide which way to go.

I am using the cheaper Flysight Spexman2's and while not nearly as crisp as the Headplay Goggles I also have, but also not as mindbending (they are so immersive, I lose my situational awarness and reality--feeling like I've been to another planet after a flight).

Are the head plays more immersive? That's what I'm looking for. I want to feel like I'm in the drone. In your experience would you recommend the head plays over all? I read so many different things I'm not sure which ones to believe.

Are the head plays more immersive? That's what I'm looking for. I want to feel like I'm in the drone. In your experience would you recommend the head plays over all? I read so many different things I'm not sure which ones to believe.

Eachine goggle 2 are a cheaper same version of headplay, only $139 bucks. On Banggood.
They are big and boxy same as headplays, but half the price and jusg as good, they do 5.8 and hdmi with a 1080 screen although the p4 only outputs 720.

Fatshark apparently doesnt make any HD goggles. They are called "HD3's" but are not actually hd, its sd 800x600.

Flysights appear to be rebranded or cloned skyzone sky02's, they are not HD either 858x480. They appear to do 5.8 and utilize a hdmi cable.

Just received my Fatshark v3 goggles and so far so good. I had tried out a set of Spexman goggles but could not get a decent image despite trying various diopter combinations, image settings and the like so I exchanged them. I looked at the Headplay units and similar types and couldn't deal with the total immersion experience, way too weird for me and I was looking for some small and portable to pack in my existing drone luggage.

Reactions: Jshank and jakobe75
Just received my Fatshark v3 goggles and so far so good. I had tried out a set of Spexman goggles but could not get a decent image despite trying various diopter combinations, image settings and the like so I exchanged them. I looked at the Headplay units and similar types and couldn't deal with the total immersion experience, way too weird for me and I was looking for some small and portable to pack in my existing drone luggage.

Does it stretch the image when connected to your p4?

Yes they are immersive. To the point (for me) where, when I first put them on and flew, my other senses (hearing) being acute. I was standing near my vehicle flying my P4 and suddenly I noticed my car's engine creaking as it cooled down. 75 feet away a kid was riding a scooter on the sidewalk and I could hear every "clack" as he hit cracks in the sidewalk. (it sounded deafening). After a 15 minute flight, I felt like I had been on a 4 hour journey outside the country (not kidding). It messed with my head, and my reflexes were affected in driving. I was tired and felt drained. I spoke to a gamer who said the gaming experience was very much like this, and left you feeling much the same.
Yes, I like the headplays: they are clear and crisp! And they are huge, but somehow you don't mind. But I get so much into FPV that I honestly lose *situational awareness*, and it bothers me. I can't tell the difference between the resolution on the camera and that of the Headplays. I am finding FPV honestly addictive. If you lived near me, I'd let you borrow my headplays to experience it. As it is, I'm using the flysights, but don't mind the lower resolution.

I received my Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles today. I'm pretty disappointed. I was expecting to be wowed or at least impressed. I honestly think I can see/fly better with my iPad Air. Anyone have some suggestions? I'm hoping I have a setting wrong or I am doing something wrong. I've watched a few YouTube videos and it seems I'm doing everything correct. Any suggestions? Thanks

I just thought of an interim solution: Go on YT and look up the video on "cheap VR glasses for FPV" or something like that. Believe...it was.."Toms Tech time". I actually did this (you need Litchi or another app to do VR), but it did work as I recall.

Eachine goggle 2 are a cheaper same version of headplay, only $139 bucks. On Banggood.
They are big and boxy same as headplays, but half the price and jusg as good, they do 5.8 and hdmi with a 1080 screen although the p4 only outputs 720.

Fatshark apparently doesnt make any HD goggles. They are called "HD3's" but are not actually hd, its sd 800x600.
Ok, I'll check them out. Thank you!

Yes they are immersive. To the point (for me) where, when I first put them on and flew, my other senses (hearing) being acute. I was standing near my vehicle flying my P4 and suddenly I noticed my car's engine creaking as it cooled down. 75 feet away a kid was riding a scooter on the sidewalk and I could hear every "clack" as he hit cracks in the sidewalk. (it sounded deafening). After a 15 minute flight, I felt like I had been on a 4 hour journey outside the country (not kidding). It messed with my head, and my reflexes were affected in driving. I was tired and felt drained. I spoke to a gamer who said the gaming experience was very much like this, and left you feeling much the same.
Yes, I like the headplays: they are clear and crisp! And they are huge, but somehow you don't mind. But I get so much into FPV that I honestly lose *situational awareness*, and it bothers me. I can't tell the difference between the resolution on the camera and that of the Headplays. I am finding FPV honestly addictive. If you lived near me, I'd let you borrow my headplays to experience it. As it is, I'm using the flysights, but don't mind the lower resolution.

That's what I think I want. I'll have to look at them a little closer. Thank you

Ok, I'll check them out. Thank you!

Make sure you have an easy return policy where you buy your goggles. There's a good chance you'll want to return them. Goggles are very subjective to comfort, resolution, optics and product compatibility. The Eachine Goggle ONE I bought is not compatible with DJI GO, the OSD telemetry info is cut off because the display edge sits in a slot, covering the data on the top and bottom edges. This may have been fixed in Goggle Two, I'm not sure. However the lack of diopler adjustment can be an issue with old eyes, for those folks that are not able to focus up close. Fresnel lenses have the worst tolerance for this up close focus issue. An actual optical magnifier offers more tolerance for up close focus, and that's what I had to use with my Headplays, replacing the Fresnel lens. Headplays are totally immersive, very addicting. I like to explore canyons that are impossible to hike. You can find interesting things sometimes in secluded areas. In So. Calif I find deer and bobcats occasionally in the hills of Anaheim. P4 with 2X zoom is a gas with goggles, but you need to be careful.

Does it stretch the image when connected to your p4?
Not that I have noticed, if so, not that my 58 year old eyes can detect. The only problem I have had and I guess it applies to other goggles as well, is that I had to keep taking them off when I was flying around the trees in my yard to get a better perspective of distance as they certainly appear closer than they actually are. 100 mtrs up and they are certainly not as immersive as the headplays but I wasn't after that. Had to wait for my brain to recover after 15 mins of flying before I could drive the car though......

Make sure you have an easy return policy where you buy your goggles. There's a good chance you'll want to return them. Goggles are very subjective to comfort, resolution, optics and product compatibility. The Eachine Goggle ONE I bought is not compatible with DJI GO, the OSD telemetry info is cut off because the display edge sits in a slot, covering the data on the top and bottom edges. This may have been fixed in Goggle Two, I'm not sure. However the lack of diopler adjustment can be an issue with old eyes, for those folks that are not able to focus up close. Fresnel lenses have the worst tolerance for this up close focus issue. An actual optical magnifier offers more tolerance for up close focus, and that's what I had to use with my Headplays, replacing the Fresnel lens. Headplays are totally immersive, very addicting. I like to explore canyons that are impossible to hike. You can find interesting things sometimes in secluded areas. In So. Calif I find deer and bobcats occasionally in the hills of Anaheim. P4 with 2X zoom is a gas with goggles, but you need to be careful.

Great advise thanks, the 2x your speaking of. Is that a screw on magnifier like a Nd filter?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4