Fat shark goggles-they sound like a pain to install

Depends on what version of the Phantom you have. On the P1 with traditional batteries, you can just buy the necessary wiring and adapters, but that can get kind of messy.

On the P2, you're pretty much going to have to solder...or at least crimp wires together (which I don't recommend)

I own the Phantom 1.2.1 (original version).
I have all the cabling on the outside of my phantom.
The only modifications I did to my Phantom was I took the battery door off and put a strip of velcro there instead.
I not only did that so I can get the transmitter battery cable to get to my phantom battery easier...but also the door sucked and always popped off...so win-win for me. =)

stevefromsd said:
So you have to take the Phantom apart and soldier the wires together?

I didn't have to take my 1.1.1 apart. I don't know what version you have but my 1.1.1 had an accessory wire that could be pulled outside the phantom. I used velcro and put the vtx on the underneath side of the Phantom behind the anti vibe mount. I did have to crimp (and i choose to solder them) a connector onto the accessory wire coming out of the phantom and I put the other end on the power wire for the filtered TX power supply. I just plugged it all together (ensuring proper polarity) and I was flying FPV. Really pretty simple unless you don't have the necessary connectors. I wanted the ability to remove the power supply or disconnect it if I am not running FPV to save what little power it draws. No need running the VTX if I am doing a LOS flight.

First Person View UK has a cable that eliminates the need to solder with a P2 and iosd. Highly recommend getting a mini iosd also as it is invaluable in giving you real time flight data.

freyjoel said:
First Person View UK has a cable that eliminates the need to solder with a P2 and iosd. Highly recommend getting a mini iosd also as it is invaluable in giving you real time flight data.
Also i searched all over the place for a company in the us that sell's that cable. Only to find that firstpersonview.com is the US side of their company that sell's it. I bought it for $15 with shipping. Here is the exact cable needed. http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... tter-cable

tupes said:
freyjoel said:
Also i searched all over the place for a company in the us that sell's that cable. Only to find that firstpersonview.com is the US side of their company that sell's it. I bought it for $15 with shipping. Here is the exact cable needed. http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... tter-cable

Nice, thank you...had no idea they had a US outlet either. The prices seem to be good in general, but some are almost suspiciously low: http://www.firstpersonview.com/quadcopt ... aranis-rtf

I wanted to get the wire because i did want to solder anything. When i went to the UK page and did the translation of funds it computed to 30 or 40$ so i wasn't going to get it. As soon as i found the US site i ordered it.

Although now i want to get the mini iosd i think I'm going to have to solder anyways unless someone knows something different.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20