Fat Shark FPV

Reaction score
Always wanted a true FPV setup, but not really sure if it's worth the cost. In a lot of these cases, the tech isn't quite baked and you end up with something that's a disappointment.

Does anyone have any hands on experience with Fat Shark, are they worth the $500 for the package. Appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If I will have to pickup a FPV today, I will pick Glyph and not FatShark, others may have different preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have the Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles. Here's what I can tell you about them:
  • You'll need both the HDMI output module and a battery charger to use them
  • They are one of the smallest goggle options for the Phantom
  • They are comfortable to wear
  • They completely cover your eyes and block out all outside light
  • The image inside is about the size of what you'd see if you hold your phone about 12 inches from your face
  • The image has a large black border around the outside of it, so it's not an immersive experience like you'd get with the HeadPlay HD goggles
I also have the Avegant Glyph goggles. While I like them more than my Fat Shark goggles, here are some things you should know about them:
  • They completely cover your ears (like over the ear headphones)
  • The nose pieces it comes with might not fit your face 100% (many people say the fit is fine)
  • Since they sit on your face like glasses, you can look down and see your mobile device when needed
  • The picture inside the goggles is similar to the Fat Shark goggles, but it's larger and clearer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4