Fat Phantom

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Fat Phantom body from Infinity Hobby?

I was looking at options to increase capacity the battery compartment of my FC40 and looking around the the various mods and door options, came accross the Fat Phantom, but nothing here so was hopeful that someone here has come across them and can give some views on the body?

Mike.

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=239_237&products_id=11015

I was close to doing the fat Phantom body on my FC40. i went with a F450 frame instead. then I went with a set of E300 ESC's and motors.
the good part about the fat body is you can run a 10 or 11 inch prop.
I still have most of the FC40 sitting on a shelf. I may just go for the fat Phantom and try it.

DJI Phantom 425mm.jpg

They are just that much bigger in the body, opens up the options. Anyone actually built one? I would like to know how much heavier the frame is and how good the quality is. For about the same price as a normal body kit, seems a good option?

i was interested in the 425mm shell when they first came out and i almost pulled the trigger , but after reading a few replies somewhere on this forum i changed my mind .. the problem with these shells is the material used for molding .. it isn't as durable and strong as the original DJI .. which means cracks will be all over the place in no time ..

Reactions: IflyinWY
Let me add too that the concern over plastic quality is what I remember reading about here.
IIRC the description was that it is thinner and brittle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20